Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allegiance Ammunition range strike

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Allegiance Ammunition range strike

Anyone have any experience with this stuff. Local shop had some 175gr HPBT 308 and I bought a box to try as I’m trying to acquire a few different 308 loads to test in my new Bergara.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I figured the would be no answers. I tried elsewhere and got the same and reviews on most of their stuff is scarce.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Assuming you don’t reload NY?

I think best you could do with your Allegiance Ammo question would be to try it.
    Do they offer what you’re looking for; bullet type/weight, velocity, etc?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Basically I’m brand new to the bolt game so I figured I’d grab a variety of ammo to try. Some that’s good for grouping and some as quality hunting ammo. I have some Hornady 150gr I thought I’d sight in my gun for and all else could be for groups or to see if other hunting ammo shoots better than the Hornady.

Someone suggested I use the Allegiance for my 20rd break in.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sure.

FWIW; the Hornady SST ammo (Polymer Tip) has always shot acceptably in any .308 I've run across and has good ballistic Coefficient/Sectional Density.
    Nearly everyone produces LR/ELR Bullets now; Hornady, Barnes, Nosler, etc.
    Your Bergara should shoot well at extended range. I'd be thinking in terms of Long(er) range ammo to exploit that potential.

It's helpful to have a "Sensei" that has some depth of knowledge in LR shooting and reloading.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Local range is only 200 yards but I have zero experience. There’s 300 if I drive a bit. Bought primarily to start hunting with upstate once or twice a year coupled with shooting groups monthly for fun.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ( :

It's an enjoyable pastime as well as a valuable skill set NY.
    Seek out a local with knowledge. One can certainly overcome any learning curve on their own- but it's much more expensive and takes longer.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I agree. Luckily I have a friend taking me for turkey in May. He’s also taking me for Waterfowl in Winter and deer upstate in Winter. I have two friends to take me bow hunting as well. So hopefully between all of them, I’ll have some experiences and knowledge and food of course.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sounds like a good plan.

Feedback Score
    Since it's a .308, just buy some milsurp 7.62NATO (once it's cheap again) and use that for sighting in, fouling the barrel, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    FWIW; the Hornady SST ammo (Polymer Tip) has always shot acceptably in any .308 I've run across...
    It's mediocre in mine... No better than 1.5moa.

That's OK for hunting, I know, but when I'm punching paper I want something more accurate.

I've had much better luck with Federal Gold Medal Match (or rather, it's not luck, the stuff is simply good).

When things go back to normal, FGMM costs not-much-more than lesser stuff. (I stocked up at 85¢/round.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast