Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SRP and SPP Primers at Brownells

Feedback Score

SRP and SPP Primers at Brownells

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    LOL...they were in stock when I clicked the link, but OOS, when I added to cart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    LOL...they were in stock when I clicked the link, but OOS, when I added to cart.
    That sucks. I try to give folks a heads up when I find them in stock, but they go really quickly.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I guess if we keep telling ourselves that $47 bucks per 1K is a "fair" price in these times then we will just get use to the increase and follow suit and keep buying them. I mean after all the same primers are going for $300 on GB so hell this price isn't bad ! I get the whole supply & demand thing but has it cost the manufacturers more to make the same primer they been making for the last year or more ? I suppose theirs more overhead with OT more people working etc,,cost of copper did go up I hear so I guess its the perfect storm ! Anyway thanks for the heads up, I need nothing for a long time but if I catch something that looks good I will probably just buy it and sell it to my buddies in need for what I paid.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We gotta help each other out. That's all we can do.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    That sucks. I try to give folks a heads up when I find them in stock, but they go really quickly.
    A few weeks ago I was entering card information for Brownells primers when my total went to zero.

If you arent using an auto-payer it's nearly impossible to buy them at a decent price. I've ordered some by paying way too much and I'm on a pre-order for others. Still dont have any though.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I guess if we keep telling ourselves that $47 bucks per 1K is a "fair" price in these times then we will just get use to the increase and follow suit and keep buying them. I mean after all the same primers are going for $300 on GB so hell this price isn't bad ! I get the whole supply & demand thing but has it cost the manufacturers more to make the same primer they been making for the last year or more ? I suppose theirs more overhead with OT more people working etc,,cost of copper did go up I hear so I guess its the perfect storm ! Anyway thanks for the heads up, I need nothing for a long time but if I catch something that looks good I will probably just buy it and sell it to my buddies in need for what I paid.
    I would say that for people looking for reloading supplies, you can find anything you want right now (other than Trail Boss) . You may have to pay a little more but virtually everything is available within a 2 to 3 week timeframe. Primers are not and they are the foundation of reloading. It really doesn't matter what other components you have, without primers you're SOL.

$47 is not an a problem in my mind and we are not close to peak panic yet. There are a lot of people that shoot all the time and reload all the the time. When they blow through their stockpile of primers the prices are going to double and triple.

Feedback Score
    Brownells again had some rp in stock this morning up until about 5 minutes ago. I missed out as I was busy. Folks may want to keep an eye on Brownells as they may drop more today or tomorrow morning. I would also monitor Midway as there are over due to get some primers in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    $47 is not an a problem in my mind and we are not close to peak panic yet. There are a lot of people that shoot all the time and reload all the the time. When they blow through their stockpile of primers the prices are going to double and triple.
    The big problem I see is that prices are elastic upward and sticky downward (I think that was Econ 101). I doubt we will see prices return to 'normal' after this boondoggle.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    There was a second half to econ 101 which was supply and demand. They will actually be cheaper when this is all said and done. Just like how ammo was cheaper after the 2013 debacle. When it's cheaper to buy ammo vs reloading, the prices will plummet. That's not going to happen for several years but it's something to look forward to 😁.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast