Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas why I've got poor shot dispersion from CZ Scorpion?

Feedback Score

Ideas why I've got poor shot dispersion from CZ Scorpion?

Not just poor, but downright shitty. Tried a Vortex Razor and then the irons. I could walk up to within about 10 yards and hit just about where I was aiming. Back off to 25yds (from a rest no less!) and one shot would hit generally where I was aiming, but the next ones wouldn't even be on paper, and I was using a full-sized silhouette target too. I was pissed to say the least. Went through almost 100rds. I came real close to flinging the g-damn thing downrange. The only thing that saved it from learning to fly was that the Franklin binary trigger was cool as hell to play with. And no, I was zeroing on semi, not binary!

I haven't torn it down yet (don't really want to even look at it right now) but was wondering what the cause of this completely, utterly unacceptable dispersion was? One thing I'll look at is the crown, as well as the inside of the FH to see if there's any marks. Is the action held inside the plastic body with set screws? Worse-case scenario is it goes back to CZ, but that is a royal PIA.

Thoughts?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I had exactly the same experience, as have many Scorpion owners. Make sure that the thread protector under the crappy "compensator" has not come unscrewed. It is a surprisingly common and dangerous problem. I contacted CZ when I noticed it on my pistol and they basically said, "Yeah, that happens - snug it back down and use loctite." Here are the parts I'm talking about:

Crappy compensator - https://shop.cz-usa.com/compensator-...000800703.html
    Thread protector - https://shop.cz-usa.com/evo-pistol-t...366165705.html

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Muzzle device is loose or the barrel isn’t properly torqued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lotta Scorpion talk on the forum lately. Or maybe I’m just noticing it more because I just got one myself. In any case, that sucks. Nothing like a new gun turning out to be a dumpster fire when you take it to the range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    I had exactly the same experience, as have many Scorpion owners. Make sure that the thread protector under the crappy "compensator" has not come unscrewed. It is a surprisingly common and dangerous problem. I contacted CZ when I noticed it on my pistol and they basically said, "Yeah, that happens - snug it back down and use loctite." Here are the parts I'm talking about:

Good luck.
    My micro has the comp that’s looks like the Noveske flaming pig. It came loose too, luckily I noticed it before having any problems with accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post

Good luck.
    Thanks for the info! When I took the FH off the thread protector came off inside of it.

Oh, and I had to beat the protector out of the FH with a hammer and punch. It had a palpable and visible thin bulge on one side (like a thin raised "ridge" running maybe 1/4 of the way around).

Looked inside the FH from the rear and saw some bare metal marks all around the front inside lip of the FH. Hmmm......ordered a 9mm 1/2x28 A2 FH and crush washer. I found the factory-supplied thread protector for the "upper deck" threads (if you know what I'm talking about). Once the stuff gets here I will shoot 'er again!

Once again, thanks slimedog. I would have eventually gotten to the muzzle area early on in the "investigation" but your info had me straight skip ahead to the apparent issue.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-08-21 at 18:49.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While we’re on the topic of CZ Scorpions, the HB Industries reduced weight trigger spring and the Theta forward set trigger are a huge improvement over OEM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Thanks for the info! When I took the FH off the thread protector came off inside of it.

Oh, and I had to beat the protector out of the FH with a hammer and punch. It had a palpable and visible thin bulge on one side (like a thin raised "ridge" running maybe 1/4 of the way around).

Looked inside the FH from the rear and saw some bare metal marks all around the front inside lip of the FH. Hmmm......ordered a 9mm 1/2x28 A2 FH and crush washer. I found the factory-supplied thread protector for the "upper deck" threads (if you know what I'm talking about). Once the stuff gets here I will shoot 'er again!

Once again, thanks slimedog. I would have eventually gotten to the muzzle area early on in the "investigation" but your info had me straight skip ahead to the apparent issue.
    Was this your first time shooting it? I’ll have to check mine before I shoot it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    While we’re on the topic of CZ Scorpions, the HB Industries reduced weight trigger spring and the Theta forward set trigger are a huge improvement over OEM.
    The spring is on my shortlist of stuff to get, as is a right side safety delete (the HB unit or via dremel in my basement). I’m also starting to get why the stock pistol grip isn’t that popular, but I’ll probably hold off on replacing that for a bit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Was this your first time shooting it? I’ll have to check mine before I shoot it now.

The spring is on my shortlist of stuff to get, as is a right side safety delete (the HB unit or via dremel in my basement). I’m also starting to get why the stock pistol grip isn’t that popular, but I’ll probably hold off on replacing that for a bit.
    The dremel is what took care of my annoying safety.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post

I’m planning to dremel mine and put a timney in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast