Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Educate me regarding sealed suppressors

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    I definitely remember your name from there.

You sure about that?
    The ones I've seen, yes. There's a new one that's actually plastic, and it definitely has some weird stuff going on inside, but nothing revolutionary as far as I can tell.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It’d be hard to find someone more experienced on that topic than Paco.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This is why our SME's leave, unfortunately

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Granted I'm an amateur suppressor builder, but my job pretty much revolves 100% around drafting for 3D printing applications, so I feel like I'm qualified to comment on that. I think it's pretty presumptuous of you to just automatically assume I don't know what I'm talking about and then insinuate that I'm running someone off.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thank you for sharing Josh. Don’t let the dumb get you down, keep hanging around and providing industry insight. Too bad you can’t post all your memes on here like you do in IG.

Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    Sorry for the delay dudes, I wasn't getting notifications.

For cleaning sealed rifle silencers it'll depend on the exact model and whatever the manufacturer tells you to do, assuming they can be brought to understand that they do need cleaning so they'll divulge a recommendation to you. Some common methods are dunking them with something like CLR, aircraft precision simple green (aluminum safe), Boretech C4, etc and you'll have to check what materials each one is safe for. Like you wouldn't want to use CLR on stainless steel but you would on titanium. The most common method is ultrasonic cleaning though. And again, depending on the method some chemicals or methods may strip off the silencers finish depending on what it's coated with. Always follow a manufacturers cleaning indstructions.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a shitload of cans that I shoot weekly. I've never cleaned a can. Once or twice I scrapped carbon out of can.

The real negative is they gain weight which sux. I sent my T beast in and they cleaned it for a week plus to get it to original weight. That should give perspective on what it takes to really get a rifle can clean. YMMV

PB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123