Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you build on this barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it was mine I would take a small sanding drum on a Dremel and soften up the jagged edges.

Saying that & being I am new and dang sure don't know as much about this as alot of the folks hear, would what I said be a good idea? Or would y'all just shoot the piss out of it until she was shot out or the lug / lugs broke?
    Last edited by Spooky1; 03-11-21 at 12:31. Reason: Cos I'm a idiot

Feedback Score
    It's probably fine, but I wouldn't build on it.

Once you consider the amount of time it takes to put together a complete upper for it, zero it, range time, ammo, etc., it's not worth it. Then if there is an issue related to that locking lug, it might damage something else in the gun.

Actually, I might do it if the only purpose is to see how long it would go before there was a problem related to that locking lug.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It would cost nothing to reach out to Spikes customer service. Worst case - they tell you to pound sand and you end up where you started.
    As a whole though, the gun industry is very very good at customer relations.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Or you could replace the barrel extension.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDH1 View Post
    Or you could replace the barrel extension.
    That's bad advice and would cost more than the barrel is worth even if you could pull it off.. If I needed a tent stake I would keep the barrel. If I didn't need a tent stake I would throw it away.
    Last edited by GH41; 03-11-21 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It would cost nothing to reach out to Spikes customer service. Worst case - they tell you to pound sand and you end up where you started.
    As a whole though, the gun industry is very very good at customer relations.

Andy
    This is the first step I'd take too.

Feedback Score
    I suspect the extension was off due to an incorrectly drilled extension pin or the upper it was installed on had a broken or out of spec pin grove letting the extension rotate enough that the bolt was slamming into it. See what Spikes says.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    That's bad advice and would cost more than the barrel is worth even if you could pull it off.. If I needed a tent stake I would keep the barrel. If I didn't need a tent stake I would throw it away.

It is a cold hammer forged FN barrel. Those aren't cheap. So you pay a gunsmith $50 to change it. You still have a $300 barrel with $50 invested.

Feedback Score
    OP. If you do and you have other issues that’s a lot of effort and potential damage to other parts.

#prettysurethatsbroken

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    I suspect the extension was off due to an incorrectly drilled extension pin or the upper it was installed on had a broken or out of spec pin grove letting the extension rotate enough that the bolt was slamming into it. See what Spikes says.
    I suspect you’re right.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast