Thread: My results from a 350 Legend build

Feedback Score

My results from a 350 Legend build

I heard a lot about the 350 Legend round & I saw last spring that Bear Creek Arms had them marked real cheap, so I thought WTH I'll give it a try because I wanted something better to use for deer hunting.
    What I got was way more than what I thought I would get out of the little I paid for it. When the upper came in & started gathering up all the things I needed to build the lower. It was going to be a cheap build from an 80% lower. I had bought a box of blem lowers a few years back for $25 each & pulled one out for milling. After milling I used spray paint & baked it on for a finish yes it's cheap but that's me I don't spend $$ unless I have too.
    I found a lower kit for $40 & a buffer tube/stock set for $30, I had an old Simmons 4x12x40 Pro Hunter scope, then found a set of UTG offset scope mounts to shift the scope forward so I can get to the charging handle.
    After getting it all together I got it to the range & after working out a bugs (I found it likes running wet) to my surprise it was hitting a good tight group.
    I shot a few different brands & gr weights to find what I liked best & all did a good job of hitting the target at 100yds like this.

Last season I had a hard time finding deer because it seamed like everyone was off from work because of covid. But after a while I found where the deer were hiding & entered the woods from the opposite side of the woods that many of the other hunters chose. After sitting for about two hours I had a good sized doe come bouncing through the woods like someone had spooked her. I took a good aim & squeezed the trigger she jumped, kicked, ran about 30 ft then bounced off a tree then dropped.
    It was a prefect double lung/heart shot. The gun did it's job & it was time for me to do mine.

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I hunt mostly in a shotgun/handgun only zone in MN. I wish MN would allow straight wall cased rifle ammo for Whitetail season as the 350 Legend would be one that I would be interested in.

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the successful meat shopping. How are the deer in your AO? I ask cause I know how much flavor variation there is by feed source, just curious.

Also wanted to ask, if not for the hunting regs would the 350 be something you were interested in? I kinda dig the concept as a .35 AR, but no desire to build one as I can hunt with anything. Maybe I'm missing something. Do you see it having broader appeal?

Not knocking. I know why you built it, and that fine Kenmore trophy is proof of its effectiveness for your needs.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    I’ve had good results with mine, too. Dropped two deer last fall with the factory 150 gr deer load. My only complaint was that the bullets broke up and I had to clean pieces of jacket and lead out of the meat when I butchered it.

If I can find an all copper load I’ll use that next year. I’m on the “Notify Me” list with Maker Bullets.

I’m using a 12” KAK barrel 1:6 twist. It shoots supers well but subsonic Maker 220 gr loads keyhole so I can’t use them with my silencer on the gun.

Utahjeepr: I built my 350 Legend since I am in a shotgun/straight-walled rifle area and wanted an AR platform that was legal here. If I weren’t in a restricted area, I’d probably not have built it since I have lots of other rifles. BUT, if I needed a deer-sized medium range gun I’d look closely at it even if I lived in an any firearm area.