Thread: Inexpensive rifle storage

Feedback Score

Inexpensive rifle storage

I noticed that the prices of steel cases have increased so I'm looking for an inexpensive option. Is under-seat storage good to use as a storage solution for my rifle. I found this Du-Ha rifle rack from 4WheelOnline. I'd like to know if anyone has tried it.

duha-18r_rifle_rack_lg.jpg

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    They are made in the USA and priced in line with other polymer options. I am looking at one for my truck now because I like the mounting system and they look more "OEM" in my model of truck than other options. Thanks for the link!

I wouldn't consider it a firearm storage solution to be honest.

If you have a crew cab, a lock box is ~ 50% more expensive, but 100% more secure: https://www.americantrucks.com/tuffy...-crew-cab.html

Probably not the lowest priced vendor.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just a quick update - I bought a Husky Liners "Gear Box" (made in USA and priced a good bit below Du-Ha).

You would be hard pressed to put more than a single cased rifle under the seat of my double cab Silverado using either the Husky or Du-Ha. Surely 2 rifles would fit in a crew cab. IMHO a temporary place to stash them on the way to the range or traveling.

I got it to stop crap sliding out from under the seat and it seems perfect for that. Its truly hard to pay $100+ for a plastic tub, but the molds and engineering cannot be cheap.

Andy