Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Belt setups

Feedback Score

Battle Belt setups

Hello all,

New topic here....I've been kinda tweaking my belt setups... and I'm wondering... how many of you use suspenders on your battle belt? I did in the infantry, so an LBE type setup is familiar to me. I'm considering it on my current battle belt gear.

Thoughts? Experiences? Advice??

Thank you, Hive!!!
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a set of these and reallllly like them: https://www.cryeprecision.com/Suspenders
    because I can throw anything for LBE/Pack over them.

Feedback Score
    Eagle H harness

They're all over Ebay for a decent price and work extremely well for a web/ 782 gear type setup

[IMG]2023-05-25_10-54-00 by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by Hank6046; 10-29-23 at 05:43.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    IMO if you're adding suspenders/harness, then you're getting away from the intent of the battle belt. That's not a bad thing, as I actually prefer an LBE system, but it's just different. Battle belts are supposed to be standalone lightweight systems that pair well with a chest rig/plate carrier. The idea being that you could carry around a minimum fighting load (i.e. rifle mag, pistol, pistol mags, IFAK) while off doing other "non fighting stuff" like digging ditches or whatever. Then if stuff kicks off, you can fight your way to your plate carrier and plus up your combat load without reconfiguring anything else.

When you add suspenders to that, then you're needlessly complicating it.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've never felt the need to add suspenders to my battle belt, but I have rather wide hips that support a fair load on the belt. If you're running into a problem where you need suspenders on a battle belt, you might want to rethink your set up. Battle belts are intended to work with a Plate carrier or chest rig of one sort or another. Suspenders get quite uncomfortable under armor, in my experience. Might be worth moving some stuff off the belt on to the PC or chest rig if that's the case.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Dude what are you putting on your belt thats so heavy? A belt is more for pistol and pistol sustainment with some essential medical and a rifle speed reload if running a long gun. Usually most of your ammo is on your plate carrier and the heavier stuff is on your back like full blow out kits ect.

Maybe if you are LE and need to run cuffs, OC or taser along with a baton for riot duty then suspenders are probably a good idea but for a fighting set up I wouldnt want to overload my belt line.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 10-29-23 at 20:58.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I've never felt the need to add suspenders to my battle belt, but I have rather wide hips that support a fair load on the belt. If you're running into a problem where you need suspenders on a battle belt, you might want to rethink your set up. Battle belts are intended to work with a Plate carrier or chest rig of one sort or another. Suspenders get quite uncomfortable under armor, in my experience. Might be worth moving some stuff off the belt on to the PC or chest rig if that's the case.
    This ^^. I run an AR mag, 2 pistol mags, an IFAK, TQ, Glock 19 holster, handheld light, and fixed blade on mine, and have never felt the need for suspenders. Anything else, like extra mags, comms, etc is on the plate carrier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These have been my favorite https://www.vikingtactics.com/shop/v...at-suspenders/
    I have never really cared for the tightness of belts. Plus I feel it can add a little adaptability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I prefer a dual belt system with Velcro attachment.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For context belt is a Esstac, 2 rifle .308/.223 3 handgun, Safariland/P229 and FAK. 100% for games that I don't take too seriously.

W/ .308 it's heavy enough I want them. Also, got my ass from Hank Hill evidently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast