Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite make/model of binoculars?

Feedback Score
    With a $2k budget, I'd go with the Swarovski EL 10x42 as top choice. The Vortex Razor UHD binos are also top notch, and a bit cheaper than the Swaros at around $1,500 new.

I will say, one pair of binos i've been shockingly surprised with are the Cabelas Euro HD binos. They are $999, with glass made by Meopta, and they stack up very well against my Vortex Razor and Swaro binos. They punch far above their price tag.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Geez, I was gonna suggest my handy Bushnell Permafocus 10x binoculars that I’ve used for years doing surveillance....but then I saw the $2k budget so I’m just gonna go sit over in the corner with my cheap bino, non-NVG, no Crye-having Chad ass... LOL
    Me too! Was gonna suggest the poverty Nikons I got for $100 which have been solid, but nice to own the top end stuff if you wanna drop the $ on. I have used some Leica lenses and cameras (my fathers), and they were big $ for reason.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have had over a dozen pairs of various quality binos over the past decades to include a few Steiner Military/Marines and stabilized Canons. The past few years I have been very happily running a Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 and a Vortex Razor HD 10x42.
    I'm not super experienced on binos.. especially high end. But the Steiner Marines were the first glass that I looked through and was really blown away.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    My most carried binos are Maven 8x30 because they're compact, weigh about a pound, and have an outstanding FOV. From the expert reviews I've read, they compare well against alpha glass and are among the best compacts you can buy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not super experienced on binos.. especially high end. But the Steiner Marines were the first glass that I looked through and was really blown away.
    A lot of people dismiss Steiner's, especially on birder forums but they are very good bins for the money IMHO.

My 8x30's are bulky but, the views are really really good. The 8x56 ShadowQuest are in a different league and a real steal for the money, get'em while you can!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ... ... ...
    Last edited by Sid Post; 04-08-21 at 09:34. Reason: double post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    A lot of people dismiss Steiner's, especially on birder forums but they are very good bins for the money IMHO.

My 8x30's are bulky but, the views are really really good. The 8x56 ShadowQuest are in a different league and a real steal for the money, get'em while you can!
    Any feedback on Steiner’s warranty support? In years past I’d heard they weren’t very customer-friendly when it came to repairing/replacing scopes ... hoping things have changed since then.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Duplicate post ...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't speak to scopes but, on birder forums, the bino warranty returns and refurbs get good marks overall.

Feedback Score
    If you can find a pair, the Carl Zeiss Jena (old East German manufacture) EDF 7 x 40's offer good optics in a nearly bomb-proof package. They were
    standard issue to Warsaw Pact units in the 80's.

FWIW, apparently they were very highly coveted by GI's in Europe.

My brother served in Berlin and wanted a pair. He was unable to get them when he was over there. Years later, I got him a pair as a present and he was extremely happy.
    Last edited by mo4040; 06-21-21 at 22:30. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast