Thread: 3d printed Aimpoint Pro/Comp M4 Risers

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

3d printed Aimpoint Pro/Comp M4 Risers

I made some printable risers for an Aimpoint Pro or Comp M4.

featured_preview_riser.png

I had originally bought a T2 with a 1.93" mount to use for passive shooting under NVGs, but I wasn't picking up the dot very easily. I tried an Aimpoint Pro on top of a half inch riser and thought that was much easier.

I wasn't sure though if the tiny height difference between the two setups was the important part, or the diameter of the optic itself. After testing the same height of 1.93" between the two optics, I still prefer the Pro, and that of the 3 heights, 2.04" works best for me.

These are intended to try each height at home to find out which fits your use case, before ordering a real mount or spacer.

Not intended for range use under recoil.

Use with M5-0.8 screws, 22mm long for the 1.73", 25mm long for the 1.93" and 2.04" mounts, and 35mm for the 2.26" mount. I was unable to find any 35mm locally so I just used some zipties to get a sight picture.

You will probably have to file some of the elephant foot off of the bottom after printing to get it to fit. Make sure to enable supports in your splicer tool.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4795118/files
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 04-03-21 at 13:26.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thank you.

Is the "not intended for range use" disclaimer due to the strength of the material used? What is that material?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm printing mine with PLA (plastic). I just wouldn't trust that material for an optic mount. In addition, the bottom doesn't really fit flush due to the elephant foot effect from gravity pulling down as it's printed. The top is a good fit, however.

I might trust it for flashlight mounts, though. I've made a mount for my Luna ELIR-3 as well to mount to Mlok, but I'm waiting on it to come back from them for repairs (unrelated, an internal wire came loose)

I'll probably test the material for a while with a cheap Surefire 6P or something before I use anything expensive.

Also, going to edit the first post to tell people to make sure supports are enabled in your splicer.
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 03-18-21 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice, thank you for sharing.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I added a chamfered edge at the bottom to help reduce some of the elephant foot effect, and added a 1.73" riser since I printed one for myself this week. Editing the original post with the new size.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Bumping this thread to say thanks to Mike Miller for sharing these files with us. My friend and I both bought Aimpoint Pros with the QRP 2 throw lever mount and he 3d printed a 1.73 and a 1.93 for us to experiment with before ordering the risers from SKD Tactical. He liked the 1.73 and ordered one of those and I ordered a 1.93.