Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did I get? Ordered a Colt 6933, got the gun from HEAT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What did I get? Ordered a Colt 6933, got the gun from HEAT

Long story short, a friend impulse bought a new Colt 6933 from a well known dealer. It came in and was new VERY OLD Stock, with a Colt 733 Upper. He's more into machine guns and not into carry handles and offered to transfer it to me for the price he paid. I've always wanted a factory Colt SBR with a 733 upper but never believed they existed. Of course with Colt anything is possible.
    Does this thing look all Colt? I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to ARs.

More pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/7mbWvSi
    Last edited by freeride1; 03-15-21 at 10:04.

Feedback Score

I know “with Colt everything is possible” is used a lot. But in this case I don’t think it’s possible. An M4 by definition is a flat top.

And an old upper with A1 sights like this on an M4 marked Colt lower ? No way in my opinion

I had a transitional AR-15 A2 with this upper. It was made in 1987

Still a nice rifle
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 03-15-21 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    I know “with Colt everything is possible” is used a lot. But in this case I don’t think it’s possible. An M4 by definition is a flat top.

And an old upper with A1 sights like this on an M4 marked Colt lower ? No way in my opinion
    The upper technically an A2 and was marketed as part of the A2 family. It's what's known as a C7 or Field Sight upper. A1 sights with a brass deflector. Colt was making uppers in this configuration into the 2000's. I just don’t believe they ever catalogued this configuration. It's an early 6933 lower as well, so the timeframe isn’t impossible.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post

I had a transitional AR-15 A2 with this upper. It was made in 1987

Still a nice rifle
    The first M4's used A2 uppers, the one pictured could very well be legit, during the early A2/M4 time frame Colt was using up lots of left over parts so a A1 upper with brass deflector is not out of the question and I have even seen pictures of them before.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-15-21 at 11:55.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The first M4's used A2 uppers, the one pictured could very well be legit, during the early A2/M4 time frame Colt was using up lots of left over parts so a A1 upper with brass deflector is not out of the question and I have even seen pictures of them before.
    With these markings on the lower ? And this serial number range ?

I’d be curious to see pictures

The XM4 was the ancestor of the M4

Last edited by OLIAR15; 03-15-21 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    The upper technically an A2 and was marketed as part of the A2 family. It's what's known as a C7 or Field Sight upper. A1 sights with a brass deflector. Colt was making uppers in this configuration into the 2000's. I just don’t believe they ever catalogued this configuration. It's an early 6933 lower as well, so the timeframe isn’t impossible.
    I’m aware it’s an A2 with field sights. I was simplifying.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One thing I thought was that it could have been an overrun from an agency order.

There have been quite a few full length carbines with C7 uppers that have shown up over the years. CDNN had a bunch of surplus guns like that in the past couple years, mostly made in the early-mid 2000's for some agency by request. IIRC it was the 6320
    Last edited by freeride1; 03-15-21 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    is that a mil-spec buffer tube and stock, or is it commercial?

Just wondering if it's something someone cobbled together out of leftover parts.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's Mil-Spec. As far as I can tell it's all Colt. Came in a Colt box, everything is NOS. It's a factory Colt SBR.

I thought maybe they swapped the upper, but the 733 uppers alone are worth more than the gun was sold for. Wouldn't make sense.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    All I know is it is a cool gun, congrats.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast