Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ Bren 2 Ms Carbine 5.56 Ammo

Feedback Score

CZ Bren 2 Ms Carbine 5.56 Ammo

I've fed at least 30 different types of ammo through my CZ Bren 2 Ms Carbine 5.56 16.5" (not pistol) and seems like it doesn't like steel Russian ammo among others. I had a good number of failure to feeds from the following ammo but consistent feeds with other ammo.

TulAmmo .223 55 Gr. FMJ
    Wolf .223 55 Gr. FMJ
    Red Army Standard .223 55 Gr. FMJ
    Fiocchi .223 55 Gr. FMJ
    PMC X-TAC 5.56 55 Gr. FMJ
    Armscor M855 50173 Green Tip 5.56 62 Gr. FMJ

What are others seeing? I was expecting a former communist bloc country to play nice with commie ammo but doesn't look like it. A bit disappointing considering the price of this platform with other platforms being able to eat everything from the "buffet" of ammo.

Feedback Score
    You're indicating failures to feed, but all of that ammo has pretty basic profile. What ammo is working successfully? Are you sure that the rifle is cycling enough gas? Are spent cases ejecting before these failures? How far are they ejecting? Does adjusting the gas system impact the ejecting and feeding?

Feedback Score
    Over a couple dozen other kinds/brands of ammo work flawlessly from 50 gr. Black Hills 5.56, 77 gr. .223, Federal & Gold Dot "duty" ammo, "better" PMC, 55 gr. range Federal/Winchester, etc. The piles of ejected casings end up in same general area and gas system working except for the ones listed. There's only an off, normal and suppressed setting. The off turns it into a bolt action.

I'm not finding much info so I'll just steer clear of what hasn't worked reliably. Glad I don't have much TulAmmo left and will get rid of it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried IMI?

Surprised to hear that PMC Xtac was not working. I’ve never had issues with them (55 or 62 gr).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That’s an interesting assortment of ammo to have failures with. Ranging from Russian steel case, which is frequently a little weak, to brass cased M193 5.56, which should be reasonably hot.
    I know next to nothing about the Bren 2 but figured I’d throw this suggestion out there. Are you sure it isn’t a magazine issue and the loads that you had failures with just happened to be getting fed out of the same trouble-prone magazine(s)?

Feedback Score
    BoommooB, Are spent cases ejecting before these failures to feed? How far are spent cases ejecting when using ammo that runs reliably?

Feedback Score
    Tried IMI M193 with no issues and the better PMCs were good too.

Feedback Score
    Three Russian steel cased (known for issues on other platforms), one Italian, Korean and Filipino. I was surprised with Fiocchi and somewhat with PMC. Looking at the Armscor boxes having labels placed over boxing was a little suspect. No issues with magazines as they're cycled through and used successfully.

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to help, but you need to provide more information. This is the last time I'll ask as there's no point in trying if you're not interested in resolving the issue. Are spent cases ejecting before these failures to feed? How far are spent cases ejecting when using ammo that runs reliably?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoommooB View Post
    There's only an off, normal and adverse setting.
    FIFY.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast