Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ Bren 2 Ms Carbine 5.56 Ammo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoommooB
    There's only an off, normal and adverse setting.
    FIFY.
    You're obviously not an owner of said carbine variant. The carbine doesn't have a 2 position but a T which is suppressed.

The manual on their website is wrong and only for the pistol version. CZ being lazy and didn't bother with a carbine specific version with several other differences.

Feedback Score
    My 14" 5.56 Bren 2 doesn't like Serbian Prvi Partizan M193 without a suppressor attached. I see malfunctions where hammer falls on an empty chamber (meaning cases are being ejected, but bolt isn't going quite far back enough to pick up the next round from the mag). Switching to "adverse" gas setting restores function with that ammo.

Prvi Partizan M193 has similar velocities to other M193, but the older stuff was known to use propellant with a different pressure curve than most M193. AR15s didn't like that stuff either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Prvi Partizan M193 has similar velocities to other M193, but the older stuff was known to use propellant with a different pressure curve than most M193. AR15s didn't like that stuff either.
    How old is the older stuff? I bought multiple cases about ten years ago. All runs through every rifle I’ve shot it in, but the case heads do get a smear mark when shot through AR15’s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    How old is the older stuff? I bought multiple cases about ten years ago. All runs through every rifle I’ve shot it in, but the case heads do get a smear mark when shot through AR15’s.
    I want to say it was around 2009 or so. My particular lot won't run in any AR15 or my Bren 2, unless it's set to adverse. It ran fine in my 5.56 AK though.

Feedback Score
    That's interesting. After getting the case head smears, I didn't buy more. Of course there were plenty of other options up until about a year ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    That's interesting. After getting the case head smears, I didn't buy more. Of course there were plenty of other options up until about a year ago.
    IIRC, my PP always had raised ejector hole flow. Hot ammo, just a weird pressure curve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12