Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super 42 Spring/buffer

Feedback Score

Question Super 42 Spring/buffer

Anyone use the Braided Super 42 spring and buffer in 18” ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No, but what are their selling features?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-03-21 at 17:12.

Feedback Score

Super 42 Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    No, but what is there selling features?

PB

The Geissele Super 42 Spring was designed to improve the function and reliability of your AR-15 pattern rifle. Its unique spring design uses three independent strands of wire, just like the German MG42 Machine Gun. This concept acts as a harmonic damper and energy absorber by allowing the springs to flex separately from each other. This flex helps displace excess energy which decreases the chance of spring failure and assists with making your AR-15 more reliable.

Compared to the stock spring, The Geissele Super 42 Spring has a decreased tendency to lose length and force over a given round count. As an added bonus, it removes the annoying spring reverberations (twang) heard and felt by the shooter through the buttstock. The Super 42 Spring has a 15% stronger average return force than the standard buffer spring. This will assist in stripping rounds out of the magazine when operating with a dirty weapon or when using steel-case ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Super 42 Spring/buffer

I think is a good idea (with the H2 or H3 buffer) for AR pistols and carbines systems with barrels 10.5” - 14.5”.
    I have one for a 12.5” pistol I’m putting together. Let’s see how it works.
    Last edited by 202; 03-22-21 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I think is a good idea (with the H2 or H3 buffer) for AR pistols and carbines systems with barrels 10.5” - 14.5”.
    I have one for a 12.5” pistol I’m putting together. Let’s see how it works.
    I am also adding Kyntech Hydraulic Rifle Buffer with 42 Braided Spring.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have not used one, but I believe it to be a gimmick in unsuppressed weapons. Reducing the (un)likelihood of spring breakage and spring noise may very well be true, but are those real problems? Heavier springs are also a great way to induce malfunctions in a properly gassed weapon. G claiming that a stronger spring is better for steel cased ammo makes me wonder if they’ve ever shot any of that garbage.

On the other hand, there are other firearms that come equipped with braided springs, standard. So maybe I’m the crazy one.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have not used one, but I believe it to be a gimmick in unsuppressed weapons. Reducing the (un)likelihood of spring breakage and spring noise may very well be true, but are those real problems? Heavier springs are also a great way to induce malfunctions in a properly gassed weapon. G claiming that a stronger spring is better for steel cased ammo makes me wonder if they’ve ever shot any of that garbage. On the other hand, there are other firearms that come equipped with braided springs, standard. So maybe I’m the crazy one.
    Geissele ~10" pistols (suppressed and unsuppressed) with that spring/buffer run well across ammo. Uk port dim.
    Geissele 16" carbines with that combo and the proprietary mid+ gas run well. Uk port dim. When I float one gun, I can feel it stutter or short stroke with light green frang.

I don't recall anything from that combo in other non-Geissele guns.

I don't know about gimmick, but I think it's fair to say the gains are conditional.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Geissele ~10" pistols (suppressed and unsuppressed) with that spring/buffer run well across ammo. Uk port dim.
    Geissele 16" carbines with that combo and the proprietary mid+ gas run well. Uk port dim. When I float one gun, I can feel it stutter or short stroke with light green frang.

I don't recall anything from that combo in other non-Geissele guns.

I don't know about gimmick, but I think it's fair to say the gains are conditional.
    Hydraulic buffers are in 249/240 FN and have improved over the years for AR platform.
    Kyntech Buffers is one the leading manufacturers in buffers. I just ordered a rifle version for a MK12 so I will post after testing it with the Super 42 spring.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Super 42 Spring/buffer

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska3006 View Post
    ....I just ordered a rifle version for a MK12 so I will post after testing it with the Super 42 spring.
    Yes please. Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by 202; 03-24-21 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The hydraulic buffer in the M249 and M240 function very differently than the aftermarket ones for the AR.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast