Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullets available...

Feedback Score
    Luckily I have enough primers to go a while, the rest has been doable. For the 9mm I often load 115 grain RN for casual use, Extreme Bullets had them very recently.

One has to adjust a bit if what they want isn’t in stock, try something new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    It's encouraging to hear that projectiles are still available and reasonably priced...

I've always stocked up on primers and powder, since those are relatively cheap and paying HazMat fees sucks. The relatively weak link in my supply chain is projectiles...
    They are not. Not any of the stuff I normally buy and shoot at least...

And what is available has gone up in price a good bit from where it was a year ago.

On the bright side - I did score a used but well cared for Eastwood powder coating setup today for fairly cheap. If I ever get to where I want to shoot lead over jacketed to save money at least I will be able to coat those bitches first and avoid the lead fouling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    They are not. Not any of the stuff I normally buy and shoot at least...

And what is available has gone up in price a good bit from where it was a year ago.
    I have plenty of specialty bullets (like 155gr .308 Nosler Custom Competitions). It's just the "bulk" stuff that I'm still buying — not because I'm running out of ammo, but because I'm down to a couple thousand projectiles, and I like to have a big stockpile.

I've noticed prices are higher, too, but I think Summers, for example, only raised his prices 5 or 10%.

Feedback Score
    I have plenty of specialty bullets (like 155gr .308 Nosler Custom Competitions). It's just the "bulk" stuff that I'm still buying — not because I'm running out of ammo, but because I'm down to a couple thousand projectiles, and I like to have a big stockpile.

I've noticed prices are higher, too, but I think Summers, for example, only raised his prices 5 or 10%.
    That would suck. 10k primers is not good for much with no projectiles or powder to put over them...

A handful of years back I started keeping better track of my supplies via old school index cards. Very low tech but simple and effective. Those goofy index cards kept me very aware of where I was as far as my 'balance' of supplies and on more than a handful of occasions caused me to pass on particular sales of stuff I was semi well stocked on already and save / wait for the things I was low stock on to go on sale or be at a reasonable price point for me.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

Yea,I get email alerts from Shooters Pro Shop all the time. Military/Veterans & LEOs get 10% off everything & shipping is $13 bucks for 1 Box or 100,,kinda cool cuz I have NEVER bought just one box, LOL Things move faaast as you would expect but they have been listing 168CC 30Cal lately a lot ! I don't need any but have grabbed some 22 cal 69grn & 77 grn CC the last month or so. Just keep your eyes peeled and move fast,LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12