Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What's in your range bag?

I am attending a carbine course in June and I want to make sure I have what is necessary for a successful day.
    I will be bringing the obvious; rifle, some spare parts, mags, ammo, eye and ear pro, spare batteries, lube and cleaning solvent, multitool, pens/markers, notepad, wet wipes, gloves, cleaning cloth, sunglasses, et cetera.
    What I feel I am lacking is tools for my range bag. What's recommended? I looked into Fix It Sticks but it seems overpriced.

Kind of a hybrid thread, but what's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You have the basics the one thing I would add is a back up rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Small needle bottle of CLP
    Rag
    Allen wrenches
    Multi-screwdriver kit
    Needle nose pliers
    Yellow chamber flags
    Mosquito repellent
    Painter's tape for targets
    Spare earplugs
    Earmuffs
    Broken shell extractor
    GI type cleaning kit with segmented rod

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Small needle bottle of CLP
    Rag
    Allen wrenches
    Multi-screwdriver kit
    Needle nose pliers
    Yellow chamber flags
    Mosquito repellent
    Painter's tape for targets
    Spare earplugs
    Earmuffs
    Broken shell extractor
    GI type cleaning kit with segmented rod
    Also:

- Loctite
    - The wrenches for all of the accessories on your carbine
    - Adjustable crescent wrench
    - Hammer
    - Duct tape
    - Staple gun
    - Staples
    - Rite in the Rain (pen & note book)
    - Lip balm
    - Sun screen
    - Eye glass cleaner
    - Boo Boo kit
    - Towel
    - Rag

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah, you have the basics. You could elaborate on "some spare parts" and really get a list going

Add a bore snake for the caliber you'll be shooting.

And I always bring a rolled up mesh bag, (tiny laundry bag) for picking up my brass. The mesh bag allows some dirt to fall free rather than collecting with the spent cases.
    Last edited by matemike; 03-16-21 at 21:56.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    - Staple gun
    - Staples
    Carry both down range, everytime. It's like the staple gun knows and is fond of the practical joke of running dry after 1 corner is stapled.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Carry both down range, everytime. It's like the staple gun knows and is fond of the practical joke of running dry after 1 corner is stapled.
    Dude! That is so true!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I am attending a carbine course in June and I want to make sure I have what is necessary for a successful day.
    I will be bringing the obvious; rifle, some spare parts, mags, ammo, eye and ear pro, spare batteries, lube and cleaning solvent, multitool, pens/markers, notepad, wet wipes, gloves, cleaning cloth, sunglasses, et cetera.
    What I feel I am lacking is tools for my range bag. What's recommended? I looked into Fix It Sticks but it seems overpriced.

Kind of a hybrid thread, but what's in your range bag?
    I have a multitool, a boo-boo pouch, another bleed kit (I also have one on my belt with tourniquets on both), I usually bring an extra rifle, which I have loaned out almost every class. I like something for speed loading mags, as well as extra mags. Honestly, I have people bring the kitchen sink with them and not use any of it. I would just focus on what you need that day, how hot is it, do you have enough water, snacks, etc. One class I took in Sept started at 60 degrees and rain and ended at 95 degrees with humidity, I wasn't prepared for that, I wore heavy Kuhl pants and regretted it.

I would focus on showing up, taking notes and learning, and your gear should reflect that.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You guys forgot the wheelbarrow.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You never know when training morphs to the real deal, therefore, one ammo pouch dedicated to a few mini bottles of Tabasco.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast