Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Spare rifle and pistol (if needed) are always the right answer.

However, with what you listed, it sounds good. Focus on tools needed to make repairs, tighten optics etc.

A note on the fixit sticks; they’re an awesome addition and they’re on par (price point) with most other tools I’ve priced. They’re what I use for all my torque needs. You can pick and choose what you need to fit your applications. For me I went with 15, 25, 30, and 65 inch pound torque limiters with the regular kit. IIRC it all cost me $145ish shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I am attending a carbine course in June and I want to make sure I have what is necessary for a successful day.
    I will be bringing the obvious; rifle, some spare parts, mags, ammo, eye and ear pro, spare batteries, lube and cleaning solvent, multitool, pens/markers, notepad, wet wipes, gloves, cleaning cloth, sunglasses, et cetera.
    What I feel I am lacking is tools for my range bag. What's recommended? I looked into Fix It Sticks but it seems overpriced.

Kind of a hybrid thread, but what's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Holy double taps Batman!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I can relate. My range 'bag' is now a rolling toolbox from the Home Depot.
    Yes, I prefer a "range bag" that don't look like a range bag. My wife tells me that I look like I'm carrying tool boxes out to the car to go fix something when I go to the range. That's the point...

There are many great ideas for the contents of a range bag in this thread. I'll add that I take a folder with drill sheets to do while I'm there plus sight in targets I've printed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don’t think anyone mentioned something to carry your magazines (a plate carrier or magazine/vest carrier).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Different bags, different purposes.

Oakley Breach Bag is what I use for pistols/light chooting. I don’t exactly recommend you pay $300 for an Oakley Bag (I didn’t) but it checks off all my boxes for a pistol bag. Not too big but not too small. Sensible compartments. Places for eyes and ears. It doesn’t totally scream “HEY LOOK AT ME I’M AN INTERNET GUN GUY. AAAAAHHH!” It doesn’t have dedicated mag pouches (I’m glad) so I have a couple of these California Competition Works pouches
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2394171794

I have also the following:
    Leatherman Multi-tool
    Reversible 2 in 1 screw driver
    Mini screw kit
    Kleenbore rod kit
    Fixed pistol rod
    Lube
    Spare cheapy eyes and ears
    Cheap Walmart Mesh bag to collect brass
    Old oily rag in a ziploc bag
    A few bandaids (I’m not putting a TQ in my range bag. I shoot only with colleagues and other non-randos. Somebody always has an actual legit EMT bag with actual legit training. I also have access to a few closed to the public ranges and land. I’m not worried about being exposed to the unwashed lessers.
    Mini Binos (The spotting scope is for rifles.)
    Mini Flashlight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I don’t think anyone mentioned something to carry your magazines (a plate carrier or magazine/vest carrier).
    I’m at a point where I say screw PCs and even Chest rigs.

Belt life all day

Feedback Score

What's in your range bag?

My range bag is an old camcorder bag. Think 1980s over-the-shoulder camcorder.

It was salvaged, therefor free to me. It has “pouches” for additional batteries for the original camcorder, it has pockets for VHS tapes, and a few other random zipper compartments.

I try to throw magazines in a magazine case or in the pistol case itself.

In it, I keep a Leatherman Wave, a small Stihl carburetor screwdriver, an optics cleaning kit made by Schmidt & Bender, a Fat wrench, an assortment of bits, a hex key set, an Aimpoint tool, extra batteries for optics/ancillary gear/etc., an AR/GI cleaning kit, a small pistol cleaning kit, appropriate bore snakes, Boretech cleaning solution, Slip 2000, a handful of patches, extra set of eyes and ears, a couple blue shop towels, a squib rod, a magazine cleaning brush, a shot timer, a paster gun, staples and stapler gun, Sharpie, Rite In Rain notepad and pencil, typically a data book if shooting rifles, mil-dot master, DOPE cards, rear bag (if shooting long guns), and an IFAK strapped to the outside of the bag along with an emergency plan for the ranges I’m familiar with including GPS coordinates and addresses/directions.

Dang, I carry too much stuff so it seems.
    Last edited by mRad; 04-19-21 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    If we want include flashlight then which will be best ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.ustoolanddesign.com/prod...raction-device
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod23311.aspx

I also have a CAT carbon scraper, some oil, and an OTIS cleaning kit, including chamber brush. You don't have to keep your gun spotless, but keeping your chamber clean and removing the bulk of the carbon buildup will pretty much prevent any maintenance related malfunctions. In all honesty, you could probably get by with doing nothing but adding oil and periodically using the chamber brush. They're probably the most forgiving gun on the planet maintenance wise.

As other have said, though, the best spare parts kit is a spare rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PutikBriek View Post
    If we want include flashlight then which will be best ?
    Some magnetized one I got at Autozone.

You can put a Surefire Aviator in there if you want but not everything has to be super military grade.

Seriously a magnetized one is great if you gotta get light at an awkward angle with no hands.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast