Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    You guys forgot the wheelbarrow.
    Honestly, I have seen more and more people with carts at certain classes
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    With a security box/vault in the back of my SUV I carry nearly everything needed for range and/or any unforeseen "troubles" that might come up.
    It's much easier having; spotting scope/tripod/chrono/range bag(s)/chest rig/PC/some tools/spare blah/blah/ammo/range finder/firearms/timer/targets/trauma kit/shooting bags- when I roll up.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions for tools and such. I need to invest a little in that department.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions for tools and such. I need to invest a little in that department.
    You'll be fine. What I love about classes is that the people are great. I've only gotten one or two assholes in classes and their pretty easy to spot.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ammo.
    Mags
    Water
    Lunch MRE.

If you swap out all your batteries before the class, you don't have to worry about being "that guy". Also, you might want to give thought to foam plugs if you don't have them. If your shooting partner is using a 7.5" with blast/ concussion enhancing muzzle device, the foam under electronic ears can be a blessing.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I finally gave up and use a small tote bin that I just put in the car. I have a mechanics cart that I keep it, shooting mat, shooting bags, spotting scope on that I just roll to my truck- load and unload.

Shooting Mat
    Shooting Stool
    Stapler
    Staples
    Markers
    Paper plates
    Black Spray paint
    White spray paint
    Cleaning Rod
    Timer-CHARGED
    Spotting Scope
    Laser Rangefinder +Battery
    Levels
    Kestrel +battery
    Labrador +Battery pack & Memory card
    Food
    Drink
    Gloves
    Bug Spray
    Sun screen
    Boonie hat
    Speed loader

Allen wrench
    Flat head SD
    Phillips SD
    Slipp 2000

Target Poles 1x2
    Target stakes
    IPSC targets

4sale yard sign
    Shoot-N-See
    Dueling tree

Magazines

Pictures of my range IDs and gate combos.

One thing I did do was segregate things into Ziploc baggies. So I have one staple gun and a pack for staples in a Ziploc baggie and actually another staple gun and staples in a different Ziploc bag. Also put batteries in a Ziploc baggie. Helps with organization, being able to find stuff, and keeping out the crappy dusty stuff they call dirt out here in Colorado.

Like I said, I have a bin/tote that I just put in and out that has way too much stuff, but I forget very little. My main range is over an hour from my house so I learned to not screw around.

Also bought a 5gal water spigot. You go through some serious water out here, and it’s nice to be able to spot people water that might not be used to spending a full day- at ranges with out water. I just strap it in a rear passenger seat with a sleeve of SOLO cups.

Shooting stool. I have a HIGH Power one with a compartment that holds my stuff for the line. I prefer to sit when I can for a long day, and it holds spare mags and ammo and a water bottle. There was one class I took there was a guy who had had recent back surgery and he forgot his stool, so I let him use it and that made the class a lot more comfortable for him.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-17-21 at 22:49.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    IFAK on my soft rifle case, otherwise a CAT TQ if I take my bucket or bag.

An AR front sight tool.
    Couple different pens/sharpies in different colors.
    Bottle of lube.
    couple of AR magazines, sometimes a pistol mag if I don't clean it out.
    Trauma shears.

I have stuff in the truck I can get if needed (leatherman, gloves, ear/eye pro, tape, staple gun). I'll bring the chrono or range finder rarely.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 03-17-21 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I am attending a carbine course in June and I want to make sure I have what is necessary for a successful day.
    I would bring a handgun, holster, extra mags, etc. I don't know what class you are taking, but sometimes carbine classes do not end up being carbine only classes.

This may be a one day class, daytime only class or whatever. But I would still probably bring a weapon mounted light in case you end up shooting a little at night. Even if it is not scheduled or planned right now, sometimes these things happen.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If it's not in the syllabus, ask the instructor what he wants/recommends you bring.

What's in MY range kit is highly dependent on what I'm doing, and where I'm doing it.

Some kind of gun(s) and some kind of ammo(s) would be the only common denominator.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 03-17-21 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Don't forget wire ties, duck tape and para cord.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast