Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    Ear pro, 2 sets of eye pro, compact binoculars, gunsmith screwdriver kit with interchangeable bits, ammo, moon clips, extra mags, Sharpie, pen, notepad, lens cleaning cloth, silicone gun cloth, towel, waterless hand cleaner, bore snake, whatever guns I’m shooting...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Don't forget wire ties, duck tape and para cord.
    You going shooting or kidnapping someone?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    ... I don't know what class you are taking, but sometimes carbine classes do not end up being carbine only classes.

This may be a one day class, daytime only class or whatever. But I would still probably bring a weapon mounted light in case you end up shooting a little at night. Even if it is not scheduled or planned right now, sometimes these things happen.

Joe Mamma
    It's a one day Intro to Carbine class. I think it's going to be very basic based on the course description, but you have to take this before the Intermediate Class. I do have a weaponlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    If it's not in the syllabus, ask the instructor what he wants/recommends you bring...
    I did and there wasn't much added other than what was listed. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would stress bug spray, sunscreen, and rain gear. I'd also add a change of clothes if your area experiences extreme temperature swings during the day. If it's not mentioned in the course description wear a hat.

Zip ties, paracord, and duct tape can help fix little nuisances. I'd add a magpul armorer's wrench even if you have a spare rifle but ESPECIALLY if you don't. I took a rifle class where a dude's factory DD rifle went down shooting factory ammo in PMAGS. Chit happens. The instructor was able to fix it with an armorer's wrench.

A lot of dudes rock knee pads. I haven't yet, but many recommend it. I will say that in one class I took, a sharp piece of bullet jacket embedded itself into a guy's kneepads. I'm lucky it wasn't my turn or it would've been in my knee. There's even pants with integrated knee pads ($$$).

Electronic ear pro is a must. Spare batteries for everything electronic is probably a good idea.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You going shooting or kidnapping someone?
    I prefer to call it, "Surprise dating".
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I prefer to call it, "Surprise dating".
    Jokes aside Stick... In addition to shooting I spent most of my life traveling by motorcycle and sailboat. I also shot the IPSC circuit for years. The one thing I learned was to have individual bags for individual sports. Moving things between bags will eventually get you in trouble. I once broke a shoestring at the open nationals. A couple of wire ties had me back running in seconds. Years ago we couldn't get Coors beer on the east coast. After shooing a match in Texas I bought 2 cases and duck taped them together with a tape handle. They laughed at the airport but they did let me check them as baggage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gonna need a rucksack to carry all that sh!t.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Twizzlers lots of twizzlers

For pants with knee pads built in there are crye knockoffs available for about a 1/3 of the price.

Eye pro, ear pro w/ spare AAA batteries, foam ear plugs several pairs, clp, basic tool kit, fat wrench, ifak.
    Last edited by 99cobra2881; 03-21-21 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    aleve
    electrical tape
    C-A-T

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Batteries for everything that you will have at the class.

Keith

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast