Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What's in your range bag?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PutikBriek View Post
    If we want include fleshlight then which will be best ?
    Im kinda partial to the kimmy grainger one but its really a personal decision as to which is best.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    A lot of dudes rock knee pads. I haven't yet, but many recommend it. I will say that in one class I took, a sharp piece of bullet jacket embedded itself into a guy's kneepads. I'm lucky it wasn't my turn or it would've been in my knee. There's even pants with integrated knee pads ($$$).
    I feel so much better, about being the ONLY guy who did that at a class in 2010!

Check LAPG and other such sites, for closeouts on First Responder gear (knee pad pants). I picked up several in REAL-guy size like that years ago - around $20 ea. as I recall; shirts, too. I still rock 'em 10-12 years later, and they hold up and work great!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I feel so much better, about being the ONLY guy who did that at a class in 2010!

Check LAPG and other such sites, for closeouts on First Responder gear (knee pad pants). I picked up several in REAL-guy size like that years ago - around $20 ea. as I recall; shirts, too. I still rock 'em 10-12 years later, and they hold up and work great!
    Thanks for that information, I need to find me some myself for a class in September.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Ok, what about recommendations for the bag itself? I’m using a 3 day bag and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

In the Navy when we started the lower level small arms training we were not given knee pads and made do. When we began VBSS training we were given knee and elbow pads. Hitting your knees on steel bulkheads is rough but you survive. I did some industrial breaching training and SSBS training and we got more gear. We had Blackwater contractors for a while, and some MARSOC instructors, and at some point knee pads become 100% required because brass will chew through your knees in an industrial environment and why would you want to risk shattering your knee cap when you can just slip on a few pads? Our knee pass were big and heavy in those days, we used MP5N and SDs and Shotguns. By the time I ended up in Iraq in 2003 the knee pads were getting better, but my group were not issuing pads. Ironically I nearly destroyed an elbow and a wrist making entry into a door without elbow pads. You can pick frag out of your knees but you can reattach those ligaments. I am missing ligaments in my hands and spine from my service, and my elbows and knees are probably hanging by a threat. So they are a well worth it. I like Arcteryx myself, but would wear Blackhawk type for breaching.
    Last edited by Core781; 05-29-21 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Ok, what about recommendations for the bag itself? I’m using a 3 day bag and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I use an Oakley Range bag I got forever ago but barring that; either Midway USA bag or Emdom

Feedback Score

What's in your range bag?

I am using the Midway competition range bag that I bought years ago now. It is nice since holds a number of pistol magazines in it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689

AR15 Range Bag:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939343130
    Last edited by Tony617; 05-30-21 at 15:23.

Feedback Score
    I second the Midway USA bag. I was given one years ago and it's held up pretty well over time. My small complaint is the used brass pickup bag hardware flexing nearly to breaking point. Can easily be fixed with a carabiner, though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456