Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super 42 buffer Spring

Feedback Score

Super 42 buffer Spring

Just order a super 42 rifle length for my MK12
    Anyone have experience with the braided buffer spring in the rifle length?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Not in the rifle length, but I do run a carbine length with an H3 buffer in my MK18 and it tames the beast when suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Seems like a no brainer
    The braided spring being used for years in different machine guns and assault weapons.
    My rifle works great with the JP Tuned spring but I thought I give the braided spring a try for extra reliability.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska3006 View Post
    Just order a super 42 rifle length for my MK12
    Anyone have experience with the braided buffer spring in the rifle length?

I'm not sure I understand the application for this spring.

Has Bill stated that the Super 42 springs are intended to only be used with the Geissele branded buffers? And aren't they Carbine sized buffers? I'm not understanding how a rifle length spring and a carbine buffer mix.

I have the Super 42 in the carbine buffer/spring configuration and it's very nice, even short barrel suppressed. Heavy buffer though. H3.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I had one but gave it away as I moved all my guns over to the A5 system. It was fine but the lack of industry adoption, you used to have to buy additional tungsten weights if you wanted to increase the buffer weight, no advantage over sprinco springs, it didn't seem worth it. I got a wider range both suppressed and unsuppressed with the A5.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The S42 Rifle length spring is compatible with regular diameter rifle and A5 buffers, unlike the Carbine version.

User feedback with the Carbine S42 indicates the 15% extra strength requires a minimum gas port one or two sizes larger than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the application for this spring.

Has Bill stated that the Super 42 springs are intended to only be used with the Geissele branded buffers? And aren't they Carbine sized buffers? I'm not understanding how a rifle length spring and a carbine buffer mix.

I have the Super 42 in the carbine buffer/spring configuration and it's very nice, even short barrel suppressed. Heavy buffer though. H3.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I have a rifle length Super 42 in an A5 buffer tube with a A5H2 buffer. 14.5" barrel with carbine gas. Only have gotten to shoot about 100 rounds through it with 55g 223 but no issues and shot smooth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The S42 Rifle length spring is compatible with regular diameter rifle and A5 buffers, unlike the Carbine version.

User feedback with the Carbine S42 indicates the 15% extra strength requires a minimum gas port one or two sizes larger than normal.
    Sorry, gonna call BS in the carbine buffer claim. Been using a non Geissele buffers with my carbine 42 springs with zero issues in several thousand rounds. Measured the buffer that came with it against several others I have, all measure out to within 0.005" so in practicality, they're identical.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I like the 42. I have 2 x 14.5” mid length and a 11.5” all with A5s and Super 42 rifle springs. Couple thousand rounds so far and no issues.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the S42 carbine spring/buffer combo for a 12.5” carbine I’m putting together.
    I am still waiting on some parts. I hope it works well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast