Thread: PSA AK-V

Feedback Score

PSA AK-V

Need a little help please. Bought a AK-V with a folding brace and was wondering if a person wanted to make this a SBR assuming this can be done. What is a good choice in M4 adapters for a stock? How about a folding stock adapter? Have never owned a AK platform or SBR so be gentle I have no clue where I'm headed.
    Thanks, 5shank

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You should be able to easily turn that into an SBR. IIRC the folding brace mounts via a 1913 rail on the back of the receiver. There’s a lot of stock options available for that, including SIG MPX stocks.
    JMAC Customs makes a bunch of different stock mounting options too, including a skeletonized “buffer tube” that is compatible with AR stocks.

https://www.jmac-customs.com/stocks-braces/

Feedback Score
    Thank you! Kinda new ground for me and have no clue what will work.

Feedback Score
    They never have come out with their "Krinkov" 5.45 have they?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Not that I know of.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    What is a good choice in M4 adapters for a stock?
    If you do go the tube route, make sure that the adapter allows the stock to be folded. Otherwise, your compact package won't be.

Feedback Score
    Bret, What brand do you suggest?

Feedback Score
    I actually don't suggest putting an AR15 style stock on it at all, regardless of whether it folds or not. I'm more in to the traditional AK style look and function. I think that a triangle style folder would look great and have good functionality as well. Here are a couple of pictures of my Kalashnikov USA KR-9 SBR. It's very similar to yours except that the folding mechanism is built in to the rear of the rifle as opposed to attached to the rear.

I wish I could offer a suggestion on where to get such an adapter, but I've never purchased one. I'm confident they're out there though.

Feedback Score
    Bret, Thank You!!Been looking at the outlets and can't seem to find what looks good but what I was thinking was overall the gun doesn't need to be very short because it hangs on a hook as a backdoor gun. The M4 stock was just to get that right length for me and if it folds great.