Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightforce nx8 c599 capped turret version Mile high has a few.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Nightforce nx8 c599 capped turret version Mile high has a few.

Heads up Mile high has a few of the fully capped nx8's in stock I just ordered one. Perfect timing to I was about to have my buddy try to get me one.

Not sure I'm allowed to post this here. Take it down if not. I'm not affiliated with them it's just really hard to get the preferred version of this good optic.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Does anyone know why Nightforce chose to make any version other than capped turret? Capped turrets seems much more popular than uncapped, on a LPVO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    Does anyone know why Nightforce chose to make any version other than capped turret? Capped turrets seems much more popular than uncapped, on a LPVO.
    I don't quite understand it either, but there always seems to be a contingent of YT'ers / Tactical Tommies that want 'uncapped' so they can 'make rapid adjustments at the range'... Which makes zero fooking sense to me with a 1-4/6/8/10x LPVO, IMO the reticle is how you make adjustments for all but zeroing the optic.

But some fashionestas wax poetic about 1000 yard shots with their 1-X optics, which I'm sure is possible but not really the design purpose of said optic.

I'll add that I have both NX8 options (MOA Capped and Uncapped elevation) - they work fine but if I had my wish they'd both be capped.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    My honest opinion is; they know their market.

People want what they want. Some want capped, some don’t. I think they know how to market and do so effectively.

I own both, capped and uncapped NX8 1-8 as well as a couple other NF models. It doesn’t really matter to me at all for either style, I like them all.

Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Broaden the view of the "LPVOs". 1-8/1-10 compact optics are less LP and more VO, and shouldn't be lumped in with 1-4/1-6 variants. We should probably find a better label. Capped or uncapped is about application. I'm sure there are those with less realistic or thoughtful uses than the armed professional or serious enthusiast running it on an SPR-type.

Reticle use for drops is fine, if the reticle is sufficient in visibility and regulation for the hit needed. Sometimes that works, sometimes it's better to be able to speed-dial your up.

And yes, you can hit BC and E silhouettes at 1000 (and beyond) with the 1-8 NX8, and the Razor, and the ATACR, and the...
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    Heads up Mile high has a few of the fully capped nx8's in stock I just ordered one. Perfect timing to I was about to have my buddy try to get me one.

Not sure I'm allowed to post this here. Take it down if not. I'm not affiliated with them it's just really hard to get the preferred version of this good optic.
    Anyone know how to get ahold of one of these capped MRAD (C599) version as non LE/MIL?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyyder View Post
    Anyone know how to get ahold of one of these capped MRAD (C599) version as non LE/MIL?
    No, that's why I posted this. There rarely in stock and Mike high had a few. If call them and see if they can special order one. Otherwise you need to call nighttime and try to get them to sell you one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I'll add that I have both NX8 options (MOA Capped and Uncapped elevation) - they work fine but if I had my wish they'd both be capped.
    Is the capped elevation turret on your NX8 more low profile like the ATACR or is it the same height as the uncapped?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Is the capped elevation turret on your NX8 more low profile like the ATACR or is it the same height as the uncapped?
    It is a bit more low profile than the uncapped, but not as drastic as the ATACR low profile.

When comparing them, the capped elevation turret ends right where the upper knurling is on the uncapped.

Rough drawing, but it gives you an idea of the difference.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It is a bit more low profile than the uncapped, but not as drastic as the ATACR low profile.

When comparing them, the capped elevation turret ends right where the upper knurling is on the uncapped.

Rough drawing, but it gives you an idea of the difference.

That helps a lot, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast