Thread: Rimfire rifles

Feedback Score

Rimfire rifles

I recently developed a fondness for .22 lr rifles and carbines. Accurate, light (well most of the time), cheap to shoot, easy to work on.

Here’s my lot

Ruger 10/22 shorty, made in 1992. Bought it at an auction some years back, came with a Parker Hale silencer

AMT Small Game Hunter II bought recently. It has a nice heavy barrel and stainless steel receiver. Trigger is great too, similar to the next one here under

10/22 target hammer forged barrel made in 1997, just brought it home, haven’t shot it yet

Savage Mk II bought new last year. I don’t buy many new firearms, but I picked it up at the LGS while buying something else. In Switzerland bolt rifles do not need a license, most other guns do. It’s also threaded and super quiet with the silencer and subsonic ammo.

A French Unique X51 from 1965. This was a very popular rifle in France, sold by department stores on catalogue. It’s a nice light and accurate rifle. The scope is a German WWII unit.

Another antique from the 50ies, a pump action FN Browning Trombone

Family photos

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice line up. I went on a .22 binge a few years back. And I was just telling a friend that I have to start taking them to the ranch and shoot more often.
    I bought a nice Savage too, sucker came threaded bull barrel, fat bolt, put an aftermarket stock...Got a nice Anschutz .22 as well. 10/22's

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Nice photos. Work on the lighting a bit and use that for Christmas cards next year. "Christmas .22", oh I'm terrible. I've got no kids, how can I make dad jokes? Anyway, I always love your "family" pics.

I've got my marlin 60 from when I was 8, the obligatory 10/22, a .22 AR upper, and I'm working on picking up a bolt gun cause ... reasons.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice collection!
    I bought a 10/22 15 years or so ago, and always wanted to buy a second one or a charger, but never got to it. Still on my list though.

Feedback Score
    22’s, seems you can never have too many. I am divesting of a few right now, passed on one I got from my dad to my nephew, and gave a spare 10/22 away to the son-in-law. I know they will get used. I know the son in law and his boys from his first marriage are shooting the crap out of the 10/22. Cheaper than the big calibers, and lots of fun. I still have too many, but I don’t mind that, to be honest.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I really like that shorty.
    I think you need a lever action 22lr. My Henry H001 might be my funnest gun to shoot nowadays.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain