Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Happy days - buying my 1st M1! - Updated 6 M Later

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I love my CMP special M1, but I still can't get clips to insert easily, even after 500 rounds of use. Maybe the new production clips i'm using just suck. I can push the follower down easily, can slide the clips in empty just fine, but the minute a full en bloc goes in... full force thumb pressure. Forget loading from prone. A qualified smith who does NRA high power work said he had no issues after looking at it. Wondering if he just had better clips or I just suck at pushing things with my thumb.
    I'm not the only one. I have tried surplus clips.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I love my CMP special M1, but I still can't get clips to insert easily, even after 500 rounds of use. Maybe the new production clips i'm using just suck. I can push the follower down easily, can slide the clips in empty just fine, but the minute a full en bloc goes in... full force thumb pressure. Forget loading from prone. A qualified smith who does NRA high power work said he had no issues after looking at it. Wondering if he just had better clips or I just suck at pushing things with my thumb.
    If the M1 Garand has fresh springs, clip latch, etc., it can take a bit of force to insert a loaded clip until it locks into the weapon. The rifle should get easier to load with time and rounds down range.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    If the M1 Garand has fresh springs, clip latch, etc., it can take a bit of force to insert a loaded clip until it locks into the weapon. The rifle should get easier to load with time and rounds down range.
    Thanks, i'll keep feeding it rounds. She's reliable even with soft loads. I did hear somewhere that the new springs the CMP uses can make it tough to insert clips.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Thanks, i'll keep feeding it rounds. She's reliable even with soft loads. I did hear somewhere that the new springs the CMP uses can make it tough to insert clips.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Andy, your pm inbox is full.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I LOVE my CMP service grade

NRA Life Member
    USPSA-IPSC

Feedback Score
    I LOVE my CMP service grade

NRA Life Member
    USPSA-IPSC

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Andy, your pm inbox is full.

PB
    I cleared up a bit of space. Pappabear hooked me up with a nice sling, thank you!

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I heard the Talledega store had a re-supply, so I drove down this morning. They had one service grade, about 5 M1Ds, 2 chromed M1s, and a good number of both Rack and Field grade "Specials". An H&R Special Rack caught my eye, and I grabbed the better looking chromed rifle as well.

Success!

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-17-21 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    WOW,a friggin shootable Chrome M1,,lucky you !!! In general it wouldn't be something I would think about but yea,,,,,very cool !! Lets hit the range Andy and see how they shoot ! Enjoy !!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast