Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy days - buying my 1st M1! - Updated 6 M Later

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Happy days - buying my 1st M1! - Updated 6 M Later

I delayed way too long, but I am rolling down to the Talledega CMP and buying an M1 Garand tomorrow. Pretty psyched about it, been wanting one but putting it off since the 80s. No better way to use the stimulus check in my opinion.

I will have to see what they have, would like to walk out with a service grade rifle. I really have no preference for manufacturer or date.

Luckily, I already load 30-06 and have some M1 appropriate powder and projectiles on hand. I may buy ammo if the have it and its reasonable, but I am not counting on it.

Wish me luck!

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-17-21 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I delayed way too long, but I am rolling down to the Talledega CMP and buying an M1 Garand tomorrow. Pretty psyched about it, been wanting one but putting it off since the 80s. No better way to use the stimulus check in my opinion.
    Pretty sure it is illegal to use any of the Obiden bucks on firearm related stuff but...

Agree that you chose wisely!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My ALL TIME fav rifle..love them.
    Let us know about the selection & prices, if you would. Been wanting to go there both to get another Garand & try the 500 yrd range one day.
    As for DG23's comment..cant tell if you were serious or joking, but IF serious...thats complete BS.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    My ALL TIME fav rifle..love them.
    Let us know about the selection & prices, if you would. Been wanting to go there both to get another Garand & try the 500 yrd range one day.
    As for DG23's comment..cant tell if you were serious or joking, but IF serious...thats complete BS.
    Unfortunately the Anniston (main) store is temporarily closed, I will post selection and pricing for Talledega.

I'm definitely stoked. My Dad shot a Garand in Army basic in the late 1950s (carried a M1 or M2 carbine after that) and I grew up hearing his praise of the rifle. He has a CMP Garand and a 1903.

I am certain DG23's comment was tongue-in-cheek, confirmed by his second sentence.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-19-21 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    Careful, once you get one of them it turns into an addiction.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpddoug162 View Post
    Careful, once you get one of them it turns into an addiction.
    Yeah, Im already mainlining ARs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Congrats Andy.
    I got two, I always wanted one and walked in the door to the Gun Club and walked out with two. At the time I was a broke ass E-6 and struggling a bit. Best deal I ever got, so how could I pass up a second?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The M1 Garand is a great rifle. It has a lot of history and it is fun to shoot.

Once you pick up the M1 Garand, keep us posted on your range outings. There are more than a few M4C members who have a considerable amount of experience with the M1 Garand, so reach out to them with questions.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The M1 Garand is a great rifle. It has a lot of history and it is fun to shoot.

Once you pick up the M1 Garand, keep us posted on your range outings. There are more than a few M4C members who have a considerable amount of experience with the M1 Garand, so reach out to them with questions.
    I was DEEP into them in the late ninties & early/mid 2000's. Set up right & with good ammo they are still are force to be reckoned with.
    Were AR's to "disappear" & all I could get was an M1...Id be the happiest of campers.
    Get a nice Turner leather sling, put in a fresh recoil spring, use GREASE to lube, stay away from China made clips, use proper ammo and shoot away. Damn...Andy got me wanting another one now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh yeah..Andy..I highly recommend the book The Complete M1 Garand: A Guide for Shooter & Collector by Jim Thompson.
    This really helped me. If you cant find it, Ill lend you mine, just holler.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast