Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 10.5” CHF barrel or 11.5” Non-CHF barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    There was a report on nitride vs. chrome released a while back, or rather the gist of it got leaked if I remember correctly. But I also used to talk to a guy pretty regularly who shot competition and did R&D for barrel makers, and he said the nitride didn't increase barrel life.
    So no real names of any of the so called 'experts' you mentioned, no links to any studies or reports that support the garbage you spouted off, and now junk you heard from a 'guy who shot competition' that you won't name...

This is not nearly the first post I have read of yours at this site where you made inaccurate claims that you could not back up. Pretty sure it will not be the last.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    So no real names of any of the so called 'experts' you mentioned, no links to any studies or reports that support the garbage you spouted off, and now junk you heard from a 'guy who shot competition' that you won't name...

This is not nearly the first post I have read of yours at this site where you made inaccurate claims that you could not back up. Pretty sure it will not be the last.
    Wait, aren't you the nickel boron guy?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Do things seem a little crazier around here than usual?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Do things seem a little crazier around here than usual?
    Yes, yes they do

Feedback Score
    I have several 10.3/10.5 barrels in uppers(DD MK18,LMT,PSA,FNH,Spikes,Roscoe) and two 11.5s(Ancient 4140 Bushy and BCM/BFH). I always go chrome for a truck/beater rig if the gas port size is right for the ammo I plan to run(having to run H3 buffers bc big gas ports like in my DD Mk18 is dumb).

The only non-chrome shorty I own is a Micro-RECCE build I did with a Roscoe 10.5" in a tight fitting BCM blem upper with cheapo 1-6x Vortex. After building an upper for a relative and seeing it really perform for such teetee money I had to do my Micro-RECCE experiment but so far it's only eaten match ammo and been shot from prone or a bench so I'm not sure what the recoil impulse/bolt velocity would be like offhand yet.

Out of all of these rigs it's the PSA & FNH CHF-CL 10.5s with BRT Mk12 gas blocks and microtune gas port restriction that are the softest shooters with one dialed down to .068" for use with a suppressor part time and milspec ammo and the other at .072 so it can still run some low impulse trash practice ammo every weekend. Vanilla H buffers, Sprinco "WHITE" std springs and no hiccups or nonsense issues of any kind with the PSA trash eater having at least 13,000rds through it with no changes in cycling from port erosion bc apparently BRT's stainless doodads PREVENT that from ever happening as near as I can tell..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345