Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: JOINT AGENCY BALLISTICS TEST FOR DEFENSIVE HANDGUN AMMUNITION

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Thanks for posting the info. Looks like Fed HST in 9mm 147gr and 40 180gr are still hard to beat. I'm sticking with them since I stockpiled them years ago.
    If one has invested in any of the typical duty loads and using modern JHP, there's none of them demonstrate a large enough difference in terminal ballistics (quite minimal in fact...) to change to another one. I think that's the take home I think.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If you have not read it, a must read doc of extensive formal third party testing of common duty loads, and 5.7. If you don't want to read all the details, caliber summary starts on page 35.

*It appears solid copper is the way to go. I may switch after reading that report.

*Rnds with excess velocity like the 10mm have higher failure rates, and as expected, unlikely to be the best choice

*.45 still appears to be hard to beat. Whether the juice worth the squeeze in reduced capacity, recoil, etc is the Q

* 5.7 (first formal testing I'm aware of for SD handgun) did exhibit some impressive results and very bullet choice dependent and may be a viable choice under some circumstances.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z6g...h8dK2rHqo/view
    Thank you for sharing this, Will.

After my primitive testing I decided to keep the HST /Gold Dot vs. the new high velocity penetration ammo. I looked for reviews on Google and found yours. Small web. Thank you again for the documentation.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910