Thread: Eagle Pouch Tuck Strap

Feedback Score

Eagle Pouch Tuck Strap

Picked up some new Eagle pouches and they have the MOLLE tuck strap (versus the old MOLLE strap with a snap button that I am accustomed to). Wove the MOLLE strap like normal and then just tucked the hard plastic excess behind the pouch’s perpendicular webbing.

Doesn’t seem as solid as the old snap modality.

There a certain way the tuck strap should be situated or good to go as is? Pouches installed on Eagle Operators Belt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's GTG as is. Once you get out there with it you'll see.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    As Vini said, if you did it all right, it's fine. Not coming off.
    Just make sure you pull the attachment strap[s] tight before tucking the bottom tab[s]. In some ways, this is actually a better system than the button- you can make sure everything is attached tightly before tucking the tab (unless the maker screwed up the length of the attachment straps - had that happen once), VS the button which is at a fixed location, and if it's all nice and tight, great, if not, oh well, now you have a loose pouch.

Generally, for most pouches that use tuck tabs, you're going to tuck it behind the webbing on the back of the pouch itself.
    However, the one 'off' example I've had was the Eagle FB-style double-glock pistol pouches, current gen. For some reason you couldn't tuck the tab behind the pouch webbing as usual if you wanted to fully attach the pouch with the bottom row of webbing. I had to tuck the tab behind the webbing on the chest rig. Still worked, but if that's the pouch you have that's got you going 'wtf?', well, you're not crazy.
    Those are the ONLY tuck-tab type pouches I've ever seen do that; everything else has been behind the pouch as usual.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment