Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Hey guys,

One of the reasons I have always preferred Aimpoint is because they have amazing advertised battery life. But I just grabbed my rifle with Aimpoint M5s and it was dead as disco. Disturbing since I bought the unit it July. It's been running since then for sure, but it has been on 6 or 7, and certainly not 8 except maybe during a few range sessions. I remember having a T-2 fail at about the same time a few years back. Is anyone really seeing these 3-5 year battery lives with these things?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My last Pro would last about a year.

After seven years of use they actually fully warrantied it for a drain issue.

The replacement is 6 months old probably, checked it today and its brightness level has already dropped.

I dont think battery life is that great at all, or I'm just getting some bad optics.

Super rugged and high quality, CS has been top notch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

One of the reasons I have always preferred Aimpoint is because they have amazing advertised battery life. But I just grabbed my rifle with Aimpoint M5s and it was dead as disco. Disturbing since I bought the unit it July. It's been running since then for sure, but it has been on 6 or 7, and certainly not 8 except maybe during a few range sessions. I remember having a T-2 fail at about the same time a few years back. Is anyone really seeing these 3-5 year battery lives with these things?
    Is anyone really foolish enough or cheap enough to not change the battery annually? Advertising a multi year battery life is not promoting the practice of waiting that long to change it. Perhaps the issue is the battery.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have two PROs. One is the old style and the other is the newer style. Both went five years on the factory battery set at a constant indoor useable brightness.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a T1 that has been on level 7 constantly for at least four years. At this point, I'm just experimenting to see how long it will last.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Is anyone really foolish enough or cheap enough to not change the battery annually? Advertising a multi year battery life is not promoting the practice of waiting that long to change it. Perhaps the issue is the battery.
    Here they are promoting multiple years on the same battery.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I would be inclined to blame it on a bad/old battery before the Aimpoint but it would make me second guess that optic until I sorted it out
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

Did you put your own brand new known good battery in when you got it? I'm sure they come with good batteries and all that, but I tend not to trust batteries that come with anything out of paranoia that the battery is older (unless it is a good brand battery with an easily deciphered date code).

I have gone at least a couple years always-on with a PRO. But other than that time I've changed batteries once a year for the feel-good. Don't see the benefit to going longer than that. But I also fill my fuel tanks up at 1/2 so I guess I'm just a crazy outlier

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've got an older T-1 and a newer T-1, an Pro, and an MRO. I change the batteries every December whether they need it or not. Not all of them stay on all the time, just the T-1's. I buy what I need every December and change out the optics, garage remotes, Blink security cameras, and car and motorcycle key fobs. YMMV but I never have batteries go dead. In my mind it's a small price to pay.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My T-1 was on the same battery for 4 years before I changed it out. I also pulled the contact up a little bit to make sure it was making good contact.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast