Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Did you put your own brand new known good battery in when you got it? I'm sure they come with good batteries and all that, but I tend not to trust batteries that come with anything out of paranoia that the battery is older (unless it is a good brand battery with an easily deciphered date code).
    Nah, I am sure I just used what Aimpoint provided. I ordered some Energizer lithium batteries.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Is anyone really foolish enough or cheap enough to not change the battery annually?
    It didn't last a year
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I had an M68 that lasted from 2005 until 2014. I had a T1 go from 2007 until 2016.

Both kept adjusted to where my light would wash it out in an otherwise dark room.

The M68 replacement art didn’t make it a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Email with Aimpoint CS from AUG 2018 after I told them that my T2 had an unexpectedly short battery life. One of the reasons I think they’re incredibly overhyped, especially since they don’t put this in the manual (or didn’t as of that time). Doesn’t explain your issue if you definitely had it at the levels you said, but different sights so worth including.

Last edited by Wake27; 03-21-21 at 22:32.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Email with Aimpoint CS from AUG 2018 after I told them that my T2 had an unexpectedly short battery life. One of the reasons I think they’re incredibly overhyped, especially since they don’t put this in the manual (or didn’t as of that time). Doesn’t explain your issue if you definitely had it at the levels you said, but different sights so worth including.

If only the guy knew the difference between "your" and "you're."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mine was on 7 for just shy of 5 years. I went ahead and replaced the battery anyways before it died. Decided I was going to go ahead and replace on New Year’s Day every even numbered year.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Are you sure it isn’t being stored on a higher setting? I just E-Mailed Holosun about their battery life on my 507k, 50k hours is the advertised life on a setting that is virtually unusable. They told me to half the battery life if using the 32 MOA circle (not relevant to the Aimpoint) and to halve the advertised battery life every setting you go up. So, for me, if I kept my 507k on full time at setting 9 with 32moa circle it’s closer to 3,125 hours vs the advertised option 50,000 hours. I believe both Holosun and Aimpoint are counting the NV settings as well.

Perhaps based on the setting you keep yours at, just change the batteries every 6 months? Maybe Jan 1 and July 4 (easy to remember)? I keep my T-1 and T-2 at setting 6 when they are stored. I have a T-1 that has had the same battery for several years now (not a go to rifle), dot is still on (albeit, the setting it is stored at is not daylight bright).

Feedback Score
    Just an anecdote but my T1s have gone two years routinely. I’ve mostly changed them every Christmas but some years I haven’t

Feedback Score
    I have one rifle that is 5 years on the same battery.

I just want to see when it dies

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have one rifle that is 5 years on the same battery.

I just want to see when it dies
    Said no Eotech owner ever.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast