Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Said no Eotech owner ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And yet I’ve never picked up a gun with a dead EOTech on it but I’ve done it three times with Aimpoints.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    And yet I’ve never picked up a gun with a dead EOTech on it but I’ve done it three times with Aimpoints.

Because eotech owners change their batteries when they change their underwear trying to stay fresh.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have one Eotech that I rarely shoot. It's never had a battery issue (CR123) when I pull it out of the safe. My Aimpoint C3 and Comp M3 are both fine.

It does seem the the CCO and PROs that are on the rimfire guns are dead every single time we bring them out. (every 6-12 months)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Anyone know the Aimpoint LED life expectancy? Is it still pretty much "lifetime"?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine have gone a long time. I always replaced them after a year just because. I write the date on the side in oil paint marker and replace it around that time next year. Never noticed one getting dim or anything.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Because eotech owners change their batteries when they change their underwear trying to stay fresh.

I don’t. You’re just being a child by parroting and over-exaggerating bullshit that isn’t at all productive.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don’t. You’re just being a child by parroting and over-exaggerating bullshit that isn’t at all productive.

You keep telling yourself that, buddy. Truth is in my group of guys there are two running eotechs and every other time one of them comes out with a dead battery and tries to bum batteries.

This never happens to the dudes using aimpoints except the old M2s.

Feedback Score
    Said no Eotech owner ever.

When I had an Eotech on my patrol rifle it was a matter of changing the batteries at the beginning of the month and hoping they lasted the entire month. It was 50/50 on that. The Aimpoint Comp M2 that replaced it on the other hand, I think I last replaced the battery four years ago and it just now has got to the point that it won’t get any brighter when turned higher then eight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    Anyone know the Aimpoint LED life expectancy? Is it still pretty much "lifetime"?
    I've always been curious about this myself. I know lots of LEDs are rated in the 30k-50k hour range, but I'd imagine most of them are driven quite a bit harder than the LED in an RDS.

Feedback Score
    I'm on a 6 month battery replacement schedule for all of my RDS. These include several Aimpoint Micros (both recent manufacture and several years old), a PRO, and a couple of Holosun pistol dots; they are all left on 24/7 at generally daylight bright, but not max, settings. We do the same thing with multiple Comp M4s at work. I don't find this replacement schedule particularly onerous and have only experienced a dying battery once (which was the fault of a crap Energizer 2032; the sight has had no problems since in several cycles). Could I go longer? Probably, but I have no reason to do so.
    Last edited by rockapede; 03-25-21 at 08:58.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast