Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Lulz, you mad bro?

So does leaving it on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah, you mad. Your precious was spoke illy of. Change your name from wake to woke

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    And yet I’ve never picked up a gun with a dead EOTech on it but I’ve done it three times with Aimpoints.

k

I’ve had my Eotech with fresh batteries die on a hostage call with a bad guy coming out the window on my side of the apartment. I’ve never had an Aimpoint do that.

I’ve taught plenty of classes, and Eotech is the optic that continually has trouble. In personal use, I’ve had Eotechs die from battery issues many times, as well as broken eotechs. I’ve also had broken ACOGS, I’ve broken Aimpoints, and broken a few upper end scopes.

Your experiences are quite different than mine, though I’m not sure how many classes or students you’ve taught. The point becomes more a matter that electronics are dependent on batteries, and quite often the batteries are an issue more often than actual hardware failure. We all need to know our equipment and how it operates. I know guys who change batteries yearly, who change them monthly, and guys who claim they change them before operational use every time (clearly they aren’t cops).

I’m typing this from my phone, so please excuse any typos.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Nah, you mad. Your precious was spoke illy of. Change your name from wake to woke

Buzzword tactical over here.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I leave my Aimpoints on except my Pro I think it is. One cheaper Aimpoint has battery issues. The others run 24/7 and I started changing on first of year or every other year or when such a thread reminds me.

Never owned on Eotech, Mark has one that he had enjoyed. Not much feedback on battery life.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I couldn't remember swapping the battery in the T1 on my kids' M&P 15-22 this year so I removed the battery cap and the date written in sharpie by me is 1/19, so just over two years. I'm gonna just let this one run and see how many years I get from it. It's on setting 8.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I leave my Aimpoints on except my Pro I think it is. One cheaper Aimpoint has battery issues. The others run 24/7 and I started changing on first of year or every other year or when such a thread reminds me.

Never owned on Eotech, Mark has one that he had enjoyed. Not much feedback on battery life.

PB
    The PRO doesn't have an off. It has a low NV setting, but still drawing current.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PB
    The PRO doesn't have an off. It has a low NV setting, but still drawing current.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is it the one that takes a wiered ass battery ?

PB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is it the one that takes a wiered ass battery ?

PB
    Yeah, 1/3n.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I fcker drops like a 3 ft putt. I actually turn it off.

PB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast