Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 prong flash hider timed or no?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EDIT: another double tap. I swear I’m only clicking once when I post. I dunno what’s up.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 04-02-21 at 06:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motor51 View Post
    I timed my Surefire mainly for aesthetic reasons. I wanted the logo at 12 o’clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do the same exact thing. Just got a touch of the OCD I guess... lol.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I have a few (old M16 style and a couple aftermarket ones) and I have them timed to one prong at 12 o'clock. Primarily for aesthetics but also for keeping flash out of the sight picture by not shooting straight upwards.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I went open slot up, my thought was to direct downward gasses out diagonally to mitigate the dust cloud when low.

Feedback Score
    The originals were not timed.

NRA Life Member
    USPSA-IPSC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    No, but I like having a prong at 12 o clock or near it to push any flame to the sides.
    This is what I have done and for the same reasons. I never had the impression that timing it this way contributed to increased muzzle rise.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Same here. It takes a little more time and patience but if you have the where-with-all & shims timing the 3-prong F/H with a prong at 12 o'clock just seems correct.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by openbolt1 View Post
    Same here. It takes a little more time and patience but if you have the where-with-all & shims timing the 3-prong F/H with a prong at 12 o'clock just seems correct.
    I like to time them with a slot at 12 o'clock... Made more sense for minimizing dust signature (in my mind) but I've never really tested it. However, I think the three prong looks better installed on a rifle with a prong at 12 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I like to time them with a slot at 12 o'clock... Made more sense for minimizing dust signature (in my mind) but I've never really tested it. However, I think the three prong looks better installed on a rifle with a prong at 12 o'clock.
    I have not fired mine that is timed with a prong at 12 o’clock over sand or loose dirt but I have thought about the potential issue the developed A2 flash hider was designed to reduce and protect against.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    I have not fired mine that is timed with a prong at 12 o’clock over sand or loose dirt but I have thought about the potential issue the developed A2 flash hider was designed to reduce and protect against.
    I'm guessing it doesn't really make any difference... Surprisingly I've heard that the A2 flash suppressor makes no difference over the A1 flash suppressor for minimizing dust signature.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast