Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 3 prong flash hider timed or no?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,008
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EDIT: another double tap. I swear I’m only clicking once when I post. I dunno what’s up.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 04-02-21 at 06:33.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North West Indiana
    Posts
    1,952
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by motor51 View Post
    I timed my Surefire mainly for aesthetic reasons. I wanted the logo at 12 o’clock




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    I do the same exact thing. Just got a touch of the OCD I guess... lol.
    You know what I like best about most people?

    Their dogs.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    9,012
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a few (old M16 style and a couple aftermarket ones) and I have them timed to one prong at 12 o'clock. Primarily for aesthetics but also for keeping flash out of the sight picture by not shooting straight upwards.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canyon Ferry MT
    Posts
    229
    Feedback Score
    0
    I went open slot up, my thought was to direct downward gasses out diagonally to mitigate the dust cloud when low.




  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    The originals were not timed.







    NRA Life Member
    USPSA-IPSC

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Gulf Coast Texas
    Posts
    409
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    No, but I like having a prong at 12 o clock or near it to push any flame to the sides.
    This is what I have done and for the same reasons. I never had the impression that timing it this way contributed to increased muzzle rise.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Same here. It takes a little more time and patience but if you have the where-with-all & shims timing the 3-prong F/H with a prong at 12 o'clock just seems correct.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    812
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by openbolt1 View Post
    Same here. It takes a little more time and patience but if you have the where-with-all & shims timing the 3-prong F/H with a prong at 12 o'clock just seems correct.
    I like to time them with a slot at 12 o'clock... Made more sense for minimizing dust signature (in my mind) but I've never really tested it. However, I think the three prong looks better installed on a rifle with a prong at 12 o'clock.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Gulf Coast Texas
    Posts
    409
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I like to time them with a slot at 12 o'clock... Made more sense for minimizing dust signature (in my mind) but I've never really tested it. However, I think the three prong looks better installed on a rifle with a prong at 12 o'clock.
    I have not fired mine that is timed with a prong at 12 o’clock over sand or loose dirt but I have thought about the potential issue the developed A2 flash hider was designed to reduce and protect against.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    812
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    I have not fired mine that is timed with a prong at 12 o’clock over sand or loose dirt but I have thought about the potential issue the developed A2 flash hider was designed to reduce and protect against.
    I'm guessing it doesn't really make any difference... Surprisingly I've heard that the A2 flash suppressor makes no difference over the A1 flash suppressor for minimizing dust signature.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •