Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Turns My Stomach

Feedback Score
    One can simply miscount birds by one and have their firearm seized. I can’t believe I’m the only one that has a problem with this.

Kind of like unions, at one time conservation departments were quite useful and necessary, but they have since expanded beyond their mission and entered the realm of politics and revenue generation.

In my state, it isn’t simply “game management” anymore.

Ironically, my last interaction with a warden I was issued my one and only ticket. My crime? Riding an ATV on my own property. I was written a citation for “disrupting a lawful hunt” for riding an ATV during the middle of the day during spring turkey season no closer than 300 yards from the property line.

The warden came to my place of employment and handed me a citation. I waded it up and bounced it off his face. He knew it was an asinine charge that held no water. I told him I’d see him in court and that I would also be personally suing him. Guess who never showed for court? Case dismissed.

The time before, I reported illegal baiting via deer feeder. Deer feeders in general were banned due to chronic wasting disease. I couldn’t get a warden to even investigate...that feeder remains in plain sight still being used to illegally bait whitetail deer to this date.

Oh, then there is the case which my brother-in-law got a $100 fine for “illegally” using a land owner permit for the over 1,000 acres we have. He’s on the trust but was fined for using the tag the conservation department issued him...because his address was not on the property, despite him being on the trust. He was told to hire a lawyer and he could beat it, because he didn’t break the law and that the agent had misinterpreted things.

Yeah, tell me again how they are there for wildlife management?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I get along great with our local DNR guys. One is a former Apache pilot, we sometimes just BS and swap lies about deployments. He occasionally does nuisance animal control with his own suppressed .22.

Do I like or agree with all game laws, course not. Now these guys were WAY over the daily bag. Considering the fish cops were acting on a tip, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it may not have been their first day doing this.

Is this the worst thing in the world, nah. But too much of this and hunts get real limited. Y'all don't have lottery style draws for tags back east like we do in the west where mother nature is still the top predator. Guys who have been waiting a couple years for a tag get mighty grumpy about poachers.

Poaching game is also big business for export, there's a weird market there. All in all I'm supportive.

I knew a guy that had his son commit suicide with his pistol. The police returned the gun quite a while later. I'm sure it was required and all, but it was the cruelest thing they could have done. They should have "confiscated" that one.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score

This Turns My Stomach

Believe it or not, there are lotteries for tags here in the Midwest, too. For instance, elk, reserve bucks, etc.

The BS from Conservation leaves bad taste in many’s mouths around here. I know guys that won’t buy tags just because they don’t want to give them money, but otherwise, follow regs.

Then there’s also the play where they come to your stand on opening day of rifle season just after first light to “check your tag”, effectively ruining your day’s hunt.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Sounds like you have a personal gripe with your local Game agency. Ours isn’t perfect but it’s decent and I also get along with my counties assigned wardens. I did have a huge issue when our local river, reservoir and boat ramps were closed last year because of the rona. I consider myself a Constitutionalist and some days wonder why I have to pay for licenses and stamps (the whole king’s deer thing) but, at the end of the day I like to believe that the money I spend on those items goes to further the experience for all. As far as the firearms being seized, I have no issue with it and view it the same as anyother item seized in the commission of a crime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Sounds like you have a personal gripe with your local Game agency. Ours isn’t perfect but it’s decent and I also get along with my counties assigned wardens. I did have a huge issue when our local river, reservoir and boat ramps were closed last year because of the rona. I consider myself a Constitutionalist and some days wonder why I have to pay for licenses and stamps (the whole king’s deer thing) but, at the end of the day I like to believe that the money I spend on those items goes to further the experience for all. As far as the firearms being seized, I have no issue with it and view it the same as anyother item seized in the commission of a crime.
    It’s not a personal gripe when more people oppose their actions than support them.

Still say it’s wrong to confiscate a firearm because a dude kills one too many birds. Or in the case of my neighbor, shot a coyote out of his truck on a field road.

Yeah sounds like they were protecting the world from Rona by closing those boat ramps

Feedback Score
    Im pretty sure they get the firearms back after the case is closed. I have been caught fishing a couple times and had my pole and tackle box taken. After the court case was done, I went back to there station and asked for the stuff back. They gave it back to me. I would assume the same would be said for firearms. besides the fines, you will also loose your hunting license for 1-3 years depending on the crime

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Im pretty sure they get the firearms back after the case is closed. I have been caught fishing a couple times and had my pole and tackle box taken. After the court case was done, I went back to there station and asked for the stuff back. They gave it back to me. I would assume the same would be said for firearms. besides the fines, you will also loose your hunting license for 1-3 years depending on the crime
    “ The hunters each “permanently forfeited the firearms used to take the waterfowl” and are barred from hunting waterfowl until February 2022, the agency said.”

Feedback Score
    I must have missed that part. I guess they should read the rules before breaking the law.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I must have missed that part. I guess they should read the rules before breaking the law.
    They ain’t too bright for sure.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123