One can simply miscount birds by one and have their firearm seized. I can’t believe I’m the only one that has a problem with this.

Kind of like unions, at one time conservation departments were quite useful and necessary, but they have since expanded beyond their mission and entered the realm of politics and revenue generation.

In my state, it isn’t simply “game management” anymore.

Ironically, my last interaction with a warden I was issued my one and only ticket. My crime? Riding an ATV on my own property. I was written a citation for “disrupting a lawful hunt” for riding an ATV during the middle of the day during spring turkey season no closer than 300 yards from the property line.

The warden came to my place of employment and handed me a citation. I waded it up and bounced it off his face. He knew it was an asinine charge that held no water. I told him I’d see him in court and that I would also be personally suing him. Guess who never showed for court? Case dismissed.

The time before, I reported illegal baiting via deer feeder. Deer feeders in general were banned due to chronic wasting disease. I couldn’t get a warden to even investigate...that feeder remains in plain sight still being used to illegally bait whitetail deer to this date.

Oh, then there is the case which my brother-in-law got a $100 fine for “illegally” using a land owner permit for the over 1,000 acres we have. He’s on the trust but was fined for using the tag the conservation department issued him...because his address was not on the property, despite him being on the trust. He was told to hire a lawyer and he could beat it, because he didn’t break the law and that the agent had misinterpreted things.

Yeah, tell me again how they are there for wildlife management?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk