Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardball vs. Hardball----Does Caliber Matter?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eda View Post
    He means the difference s the capacity is the difference. 9mm ball and 45 ball perform almost identically. With ball perfect shot placement is key due to the small wounds produced by ball. He means he shot the terrorist in the chest with all (assuming 8) shots and ran out. The shots were ineffective so he needed a head shot, but because of the limited capacity he didn't have any more bullets for a head shot
    45 and 9mm do not perform almost identically in FMJ. That is untrue.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    For all practical purposes they do perform nearly identical.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What are the objective terminal ballistics differences?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    For all practical purposes they do perform nearly identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What are the objective terminal ballistics differences?
    What Will said. You guys should probably establish the data for comparison.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    What Will said. You guys should probably establish the data for comparison.
    Size and weight matters. Width matters. 9mm is trying to get where 45 already is. Shoot steel plates and see which one falls harder and faster. Rob Learhem does a very good video on it. You tube it. With some of your Logic then 25acp is as good as 9mm, It’s not. If you like 9mm then that’s fine but don’t justify it but saying it’s as good as 45 because it’s not. Don’t BS yourselves. Especially in FMJ
    Last edited by indianalex01; 07-24-21 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Size and weight matters. Width matters. 9mm is trying to get where 45 already is. Shoot steel plates and see which one falls harder and faster. Rob Learhem does a very good video on it. You tube it. With some of your Logic then 25acp is as good as 9mm, It’s not. If you like 9mm then that’s fine but don’t justify it but saying it’s as good as 45 because it’s not. Don’t BS yourselves. Especially in FMJ
    Just to be clear, you're using "you" and "your", but I'm not taking a position. I'm suggesting that whoever makes an assertion try to find objective measures. It's a more meaningful discussion that way.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I carried a 1911 for years and shot some people with it, when you do your job it tends to do it's job. Having said that I had one incident where 9 rounds of .45acp did not make the terrorist dead right now and it took my brother to shoot said terrorist in the head with his rifle.

I then started to carry a Hi Power, and the same can be said about it. When I did my job, it tended to do it's job.

ALL handguns suck embrace it, make it a part of you for it is true.

When a 45 works it is great, when a 9mm works it is great.

I believe you CAN NOT come up with a formula that will turn your favorite handgun and caliber into a death laser one shot stop.

on Day X bad guy Y needs to be shot with good shot placement Z number of times to be stopped.

Your situational awareness, combined with your tactics, combined with your shot placement are what wins gun fights.

The problem with the truth of that statement comes down to one little word, your.

Wait that is scary, I want a magic bullet that will win my gun fight. Sorry no bullet nor no handgun no matter of brand will win your gun fight. (This of course assumes 9mm or bigger and a quality pistol)

I also believe efficiency of motion also might play a role. Meaning how many times will my pistol go bang before I must reload. For if you are at 10 yards or less in a street and your 45 goes to slide lock and despite you sending 9 rounds at your attacker your in a sticky spot. But if you have fire those 9 rounds and the wicket is stick and your pistol still has 9 more rounds before reload your in a better position.

But Yoni, they make today hi cap 45's!

Yes they do.

But can you shoot it as fast and accurate as your 9mm?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Seriously? Again, What are the objective terminal ballistics differences?

And what Yoni said who does not need to "You tube it"...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-25-21 at 08:02.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I carried a 1911 for years and shot some people with it, when you do your job it tends to do it's job. Having said that I had one incident where 9 rounds of .45acp did not make the terrorist dead right now and it took my brother to shoot said terrorist in the head with his rifle.

I then started to carry a Hi Power, and the same can be said about it. When I did my job, it tended to do it's job.

ALL handguns suck embrace it, make it a part of you for it is true.

When a 45 works it is great, when a 9mm works it is great.

I believe you CAN NOT come up with a formula that will turn your favorite handgun and caliber into a death laser one shot stop.

on Day X bad guy Y needs to be shot with good shot placement Z number of times to be stopped.

Your situational awareness, combined with your tactics, combined with your shot placement are what wins gun fights.

The problem with the truth of that statement comes down to one little word, your.

Wait that is scary, I want a magic bullet that will win my gun fight. Sorry no bullet nor no handgun no matter of brand will win your gun fight. (This of course assumes 9mm or bigger and a quality pistol)

I also believe efficiency of motion also might play a role. Meaning how many times will my pistol go bang before I must reload. For if you are at 10 yards or less in a street and your 45 goes to slide lock and despite you sending 9 rounds at your attacker your in a sticky spot. But if you have fire those 9 rounds and the wicket is stick and your pistol still has 9 more rounds before reload your in a better position.

But Yoni, they make today hi cap 45's!

Yes they do.

But can you shoot it as fast and accurate as your 9mm?
    Your inbox full. In Panama for the week.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea, where's our .357 Mag Rimless for semi-auto carbines? 😃

Or a tube-fed semi-auto .357 Mag with 3 position gas port. (.357, .38, off)

Maybe a rotary mag like the old Ruger .44 carbine? With a bulged stock for housing a 10 round removable magazine? (And look a bit like a mini Johnson rifle 🙂 )
    350 Legend?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.350_Legend

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast