Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
Thanks for the report Spooky1. IMHO observations about what projectiles do in hogs carries more weight than ballistic gelatin.

This morning, I met with a group of retired old goats for coffee and we discussed this issue. Two of the quorum spent a good part of their career investigating meth labs and had first hand knowledge on how a handgun performs when trying to stop a tweeker. The consensus was that even minor caliber rifles were not effective on a subject cranked up on meth unless you shot a lot of rounds into them. I inquired what the preferred weapon of choice would be should they need to rapidly incapacitate a determined attacker. The answer was "a Ford F250 at 75 mph."

No problem, I am glad I am able to share the little things I have experienced.

That is what I see the major difference with how effective all the hog hunting with pistols we did, the hog's were calm, well 95% were calm. With people there is that chemical experimentation alot of bad people do and that can keep them attacking longer with more violence. The hogs get adrenaline dump when hit with a slug but there not tweaking or on crap like PCP. This is why I like to listen to what everyone's experiences are, thank you.