Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Hardball vs. Hardball----Does Caliber Matter?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    The BS is piling on big time.. I shot a rabbit with a 9mm and he started eating grass after…lmao. Man there is some comical stuff on here tonight
    115 ball from a HiPower. I shot him a little far back and he had viscera hanging out of the wound but didn't seem bothered a bit. Maybe it was shock, I don't know. I didn't spend much time observing him before I shot him in the head.

I don't entirely understand what you find unbelievable - a low velocity pistol bullet that passes through soft tissue and does not hit bone creates a low trauma wound unless an artery, heart, or lung is struck.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-23-22 at 00:04.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    115 ball from a HiPower. I shot him a little far back and he had viscera hanging out of the wound, didn't seem bothered a bit. Maybe it was shock, I don't know. I didn't spend much time observing him before I shot him in the head.

I don't entirely understand what you find unbelievable - a low velocity pistol bullet that passes through soft tissue and does not hit bone creates a low trauma wound unless an artery, heart, or lung is struck.

Andy
    I think what he means is it’s a silly comparison. Hence why I shared the story of a professional guide stopping a charging brown bear with a single stack 9mm.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I think what he means is it’s a silly comparison. Hence why I shared the story of a professional guide stopping a charging brown bear with a single stack 9mm.
    I can see the silly comparison angle.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I'm now carrying the Lehigh 65 gr in my 9mm P30SK. Not ball but not a jhp.

I have no idea if the "flutes" do anything but the bullets do cut a good hole, penetrate enough, but not near as much as ball can, shoot to a similar point of aim, feed reliably in my gun, and are very light to carry.

They averaged over 1700 fps for ten shot through that short 3.25 in polygonal barrel.

Would not be my choice if I expected longer range shots, like outdoors with a PCC, but fine for likely encounters with a pistol.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021