Thread: Will a Wilcox G24 raise my NVGs compared to a Rhino II?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Will a Wilcox G24 raise my NVGs compared to a Rhino II?

I'm running a set of BNVD-SGs on a Team Wendy Exfil LTP, using a Norotos Rhino II and dovetail conversion.

I have the mount adjusted as high as it will go, and I've already added some thick 4D pads to bring my helmet up some.

I still need to raise it another fraction of an inch to get the center of the lenses even with the center of my eyes.

Would switching to a Wilcox G24 help with this? The dovetail conversion of the Rhino II sits pretty low because all of the hardware sits below the horizontal slide, whereas on the G24 the release button sits above the slide.

I took a class with Robert at JRH this weekend and I didn't notice it while moving around, but if I focus on it I can see that my eyes are centered at about the top 35-40%, instead of 50%

b3gaRZf.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 03-22-21 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    Hey buddy!!!

Thanks for coming this weekend! It was great having you in class!

I would stick with the Rhino II personally but next time your up for an NV class remind me and I'll bring a G24 for you to try. Better to try it out for free first versus dropping big dollars on a G24 only to find you don't like it.

Personally I like the converted Rhino set up better. No button to push (or forget to push). It will sit closer to your helmet when you flip up also.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    DB3EE1CC-AE10-413C-B1DF-735B49233CA1.jpegDB3EE1CC-AE10-413C-B1DF-735B49233CA1.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller View Post
    I'm running a set of BNVD-SGs on a Team Wendy Exfil LTP, using a Norotos Rhino II and dovetail conversion.

I have the mount adjusted as high as it will go, and I've already added some thick 4D pads to bring my helmet up some.

I still need to raise it another fraction of an inch to get the center of the lenses even with the center of my eyes.

Would switching to a Wilcox G24 help with this? The dovetail conversion of the Rhino II sits pretty low because all of the hardware sits below the horizontal slide, whereas on the G24 the release button sits above the slide.

I took a class with Robert at JRH this weekend and I didn't notice it while moving around, but if I focus on it I can see that my eyes are centered at about the top 35-40%, instead of 50%

b3gaRZf.jpg
    I have an exfil LTP with a G24 and to me it looks like mine is can get higher than the rhino and the mounting interface is a lower profile, therefore a bit higher. *see photo thumbnail. I suck at posting pictures*
    Last edited by lahunter57; 03-22-21 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently made the switch from Rhino II to G24, and I can't say I noticed any difference in the adjustment range. However, I had no issues with the adjustment range of either one, so I wasn't paying attention either.

I've heard so many favorable things about the Norotos INVG I will likely be making the switch over to that pretty soon, so you might look at that rather than the G24 as your next stepping stone.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Hey buddy!!!

Thanks for coming this weekend! It was great having you in class!

I would stick with the Rhino II personally but next time your up for an NV class remind me and I'll bring a G24 for you to try. Better to try it out for free first versus dropping big dollars on a G24 only to find you don't like it.

Personally I like the converted Rhino set up better. No button to push (or forget to push). It will sit closer to your helmet when you flip up also.
    Thanks for the offer! Your class was great. I'll make sure to bring cash and talk to you beforehand about this again if I don't have this sorted out. I'd definitely rather try it in person with my other gear, but I don't think that I will be able to come up again before fall.

I agree on the stowage method and stowed position favoring the Rhino II.

Thanks for the pictures lahunter57, it does look a bit higher.

I think I'll pass on the INVG, though, okie, it costs more than the G24 and I don't think that I need the extra features.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I’m brand new to the NVG scene, but I’m really happy with my dovetail converted Rhino II (Mod Armory conversion and PVS14 J-Arm)

I was planning on upgrading to a G24 but that’s on permanent hold since this works so well for such little cost. The Norotos INVG stuff does look appealing since I’m limiting myself to a single tube for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk