Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Current Pecking Order of Pistol-Mounted Red Dot Sights?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A new video from 10-8 Performance aka Hilton Yam regarding what he considers duty grade:

https://youtu.be/y0b6GkbM9lc

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A new video from 10-8 Performance aka Hilton Yam regarding what he considers duty grade:

Again, Holosun eating everybody's lunch. Trij needs to get a grip. I will spend the extra money for Trij but it's getting harder to do so as Holosun is making a lighter, longer battery life, side loading battery rds for significantly less.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I think I might give the new Sig Romeo 2 a try. It should be available real soon now.. I believe it uses the Delta Pro footprint and is both made and assembled in the USA. Some more info about the Romeo 2 at the links below.

https://youtu.be/DtMGQjYfSbQ

https://youtu.be/jGul2qZs2Eo

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have had good luck with my Holosun RDS on both Rifle and handgun. I am a fan of the Sig Romeo 5, (The T2 knock-off) but Sigs handgun sights have left me somewhat disappointed. The RD on them is a big starburst, the "shake to wake" feature has not been 100% and I could not get one zeroed (shot too high). So I have had several complaints on Sigs handgun RDS efforts, I hope they improve, until then if I'm buying it's going to be Holosun or a Trijicon product.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

I watched this last night and thought about posting it here. You beat me to it. Found it interesting that he is slowly moving away from the RMR and the reasons why.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I watched this last night and thought about posting it here. You beat me to it. Found it interesting that he is slowly moving away from the RMR and the reasons why.
    Modern Samurai aka Jedi has a different opinion about the SRO. He believes it is durable. And there is an aftermarket drop shield for those who might want maximum durability.

But I did find it interesting that Jedi was using a 509T when I attended his class a couple months ago.

Edit regarding holsters. I don't know for sure but am reasonably sure the Blackhawk T Series will work with the SRO. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-03-21 at 18:04.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing the 10-8 Performance video. I found him on YouTube a week or so ago but hadn’t seen that one. Very informative as I’m just getting into set up a RDS pistol.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I sent my 407k back to Holosun last week. It was shutting off when it wasn't supposed to and wouldn't hold zero. Total crap. A friend has the 507 K. His holds zero just fine but shuts off while in use.

Holosun has agreed to replace both optics. Excellent customer service but not exactly the type of performance that inspires confidence.
    Last edited by signal4l; 05-04-21 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I sent my 407k back to Holosun last week. It was shutting off when it wasn't supposed to and wouldn't hold zero. Total crap. A friend has the 507 K. His holds zero just fine but shuts off while in use.

Holosun has agreed to replace both optics. Excellent customer service but not exactly the type of performance that inspires confidence.
    FWIW, I have 2 507K that I got when the first came out and have had zero issues.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Makes you wonder if their success has gotten the best of them for a minute

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast