Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Current Pecking Order of Pistol-Mounted Red Dot Sights?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First time getting into red dots on pistols. I put an rmr on my carry gun. I was nervous about tracking the dot and the window being small. I shot it for the first time this past weekend and I had zero issues. Finding the dot was no problem, tracking the dot was no problem. Everything I was worried about was not an issue. If the dot goes down the blue tint makes it harder to pick up my all black iron sights do I might switch to a fiber up front. I'm satisfied, I was worried I might not be, but I am. Thankfully to because the design of the rmr is very durable which is most of my reason for picking it. My buddy brought his 508c or whatever it was. That was very nice as well. The eotech sure reticle was very fast to pick up. I think I want a holosun 509t for the maxim 9.

Edit I just won a 509t on eBay. Quit coding me money good. Seriously I'm interested in the closed emitter design. We'll see.

Also I had a dpp on a 22 rifle and hated it.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 05-05-21 at 18:21.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Holosun sent me the replacement 407k. It held zero for about 300 rounds. I shut off the motion activation feature and left it on. Started to carry it every day. Drew pistol from holster today with the intention of attacking a piece of steel....the 407k had shut itself off. No dot.

I will be running irons on my 365xl for the foreseeable future. I know plenty of shooters that have had great luck with full size HS pistol optics.
    The K variants seem to be problematic
    Last edited by signal4l; 05-25-21 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Holosun sent me the replacement 407k. It held zero for about 300 rounds. I shut off the motion activation feature and left it on. Started to carry it every day. Drew pistol from holster today with the intention of attacking a piece of steel....the 407k had shut itself off. No dot.

I will be running irons on my 365xl for the foreseeable future. I know plenty of shooters that have had great luck with full size HS pistol optics.
    The K variants seem to be problematic
    Shut itself off like dead battery or shut itself off like you could turn it back on? If it’s the former, at least give a new battery a shot (preferably Duracell over anything Energizer, in my experience). No, the battery should not have died that quickly but it could have just been a bad battery; I’ve had that happen to me before.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was able to turn it back on. I shot about 50 rounds through it without any problems. Even if I switched to Duracell I'll never trust the optic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    It really shouldn't be all that surprising.

Why do we somehow think that the Optics we love are different than any other high tech commodity?

When I first got a cell phone, your choices were Erickson and Motorola, later Blackberry.... All of which have had the living shit kicked out of them by Apple and Samsung- price, features, processor speed etc...all superior- and, made in China. TV's. How many people do you know buying Magnavox today? How about Zenith? Gone. Replaced by Samsung, Vizio etc....Computers- all of them are now Cheaper, Faster, Better- than ever before. Technology marches on and TRICKLES DOWN, becoming cheaper in the process.....The product doesn't matter.....But for some reason there is a segment of "gun people" that can't get over the fact that the Chinese companies- Holosun in particular are able to produce a very high quality product for a fraction of the cost of the "favorite".

Now, if you are Uber Patriot etc...Good on you.... Realize that many of the components etc...in you "OTHER THAN CHINA" made product are either made in China or with Chinese made materials. For example, many of the "rare earths" used in certain red dots and high end optics- yea, that shit comes from China.

https://www.edmundoptics.com/knowled...rth-materials/
    I'm no super patriot but I do my best to avoid chinese made products. I do understand that "assembled in the USA" probably means many parts from china. I do try to reward companies that make or mostly make their stuff here or at least a friendly country.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456