Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My white buffalo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My white buffalo

My dream gun is an over under shotgun with two sets of barrels. One set would be left full length for hunting and skeet, the other shortened to about 10".

The heart wants what it wants.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Those 10 inchers will barely clear the forearm, so be dang careful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Those 10 inchers will barely clear the forearm, so be dang careful.
    Yea those photos can't be unseen. Pretty scary stuff.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    “Lupara”, seemed to work well for the Sicilians.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I've seen an O/U SBS. They are different, but look pretty bad ass. Didn't someone on M4C do an O/U lupara out of one of those tacticool Stoegers a few years back?

Me and my hammer coach SBS fetish ain't gonna judge.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do it. No cojones. Pics or it didn’t happen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I've seen an O/U SBS. They are different, but look pretty bad ass. Didn't someone on M4C do an O/U lupara out of one of those tacticool Stoegers a few years back?

Me and my hammer coach SBS fetish ain't gonna judge.
    They actually make a lot of sense, practically speaking, because the absence of an action shortens them by about six inches. So with a 10" barrel you're like 30% shorter, and it only sacrifices one shell. And of course you don't have to pump it, so it's the speed of an auto but more simple to operate than a pump. To me it makes the shotgun viable again, because it's significantly smaller and lighter than PDWs, with a lot more bite. 18 .32 caliber bullets are bound to mess something up.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Seems like a great idea...

It's the perfect short range, easily maneuvered and pointed HD weapon there is...and OU's are not hated by gun haters. Two rapid fire SG shots does not deter my thinking about the low round count too much either.

Only downside I can see is that a shotgun without magazine of any kind, nor a pump or semi auto system is going to make the gun LIGHT. Combine that with the short barrels and you'll feel that harsh recoil. Especially if you use high brass 3-1/2" buck shot. You could use light target 2-3/4" loads, and there are light buckshot loads out there. But then you're crippling the firearm's potential.

I'd say make the dream come true.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Seems like a great idea...

It's the perfect short range, easily maneuvered and pointed HD weapon there is...and OU's are not hated by gun haters. Two rapid fire SG shots does not deter my thinking about the low round count too much either.

Only downside I can see is that a shotgun without magazine of any kind, nor a pump or semi auto system is going to make the gun LIGHT. Combine that with the short barrels and you'll feel that harsh recoil. Especially if you use high brass 3-1/2" buck shot. You could use light target 2-3/4" loads, and there are light buckshot loads out there. But then you're crippling the firearm's potential.

I'd say make the dream come true.
    Yea some weight in the handguard wouldn't be a bad thing. The trick would be finding one that had enough meat in it to hollow out and glue weights in.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I can't see the practicality of a two shot weapon that will hurt the person on either end of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast