Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My white buffalo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Seems like a great idea...

It's the perfect short range, easily maneuvered and pointed HD weapon there is...and OU's are not hated by gun haters. Two rapid fire SG shots does not deter my thinking about the low round count too much either.

Only downside I can see is that a shotgun without magazine of any kind, nor a pump or semi auto system is going to make the gun LIGHT. Combine that with the short barrels and you'll feel that harsh recoil. Especially if you use high brass 3-1/2" buck shot. You could use light target 2-3/4" loads, and there are light buckshot loads out there. But then you're crippling the firearm's potential.

I'd say make the dream come true.
    I don't know if id call it a perfect home defense gun, or even ideal. It doesn't seem to have much practical use other than the range and maybe rabbit hunting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I can't see the practicality of a two shot weapon that will hurt the person on either end of it.
    It would have a stock, so it wouldn't be painful. The weight difference would be pretty negligible.

Feedback Score
    Okie, I get you man. Well, ... except for you wanting the barrels on there sideways.

Seriously though, even though I share a similar fetish I can't say they are the best solution for home defense. I romanticize about a rabbit eared, SxS SBS. I'm not ready to put it at the top of my list for HD though.

It's a devastating weapon, as long as you have the right load. The trouble is it's low capacity, and the fine motor skill required to reload, and where do you have spare shells? I'm gonna say the only way I see it making sense is in a hunkered down defense in place, and hope they come one at a time.

I'm with ya on the twin tube short shotty love. Just not as a primary defensive gun. She's strictly a side chick.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 03-25-21 at 08:09.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    My dream gun is an over under shotgun with two sets of barrels. One set would be left full length for hunting and skeet, the other shortened to about 10".

The heart wants what it wants.
    Who am I to tell you what you want, but... You really want two shotguns.

I went down this road. I bought a tacticool Benelli M2 with a 21" barrel and barrel extension. Then I found an extra 28" barrel on eBay and used it to go shoot trap.

Then I got tired of changing barrels and bought another Benelli, with a 28" barrel, and sold the spare barrel for a profit...

My advice: Buy a couple of the same make and model over/under, one nice, and one a beater. Cut down the beater. Done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12