Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting in Boulder Colorado days after judge struck down ar15 ban

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    There's something to the idea that human beings are hard-wired to see connections and causes where there are none.

Suppose one day a helicopter flies over my house from south to north around 1500. I take no notice. Next day, it happens again. Third day, just like clockwork, there it is. This goes on another week.

Now, a rational person would say, perhaps Exxon's running a shuttle between its refineries down on the coast, to its new campus north of town. Must be something like that.

Ah, but the conspiratorial mind dismisses that as infantile willful ignorance. He knows that helicopter is watching him, mapping his house, photographing his movements, seeing when he's home, and when he's out. He knows it's the government, or big-tech, or some other shadowy force out there that's singling him out.

I think this flaw in our logic drives much of our politics. If a judge rules in favor of 2A, then certainly a mass shooting shortly thereafter must be some sort of false flag conspiracy designed to gin up sympathy for new legislation.

Now here's a real issue: Why do so many of these happen in Colorado? School mass shootings don't seem to happen much if at all in Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston. No, they happen in smaller white Christian bedroom communities, Colorado, suburban Florida, etc.

U-Vibe's theory is that's where people live who are wound up tighter than dick's hatband and some of them snap. But i'm not a psychologist, just an observer of helicopter flight paths -- so what do i know?
    Umm, Boulder is not a "White Christian Bedroom Community"...

Boulder is 36 square miles surrounded by reality. It is a filthy liberal cesspool of ridiculousness. It's a bunch of aging hippies and moron College kids getting high, with a dose of rural folks in the mix.

People snap and it isn't just certain locales.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

You could make the correlation that Colorado is higher in elevation, thus we have higher radiation- is that causing people to snap?

Crazy people do crazy shit. Crazy people live wherever they live and do crazy shit where they happen to live.

I live in CO and I can tell you that it is a transient state. People flock here from everywhere for a lot of different reasons, they bring their bullshit with them, crazy mental shit included.

I won't claim to know why this dude did what he did, but I can say with great confidence that it isn't because he is "white" or "Christian" nor is it because the community is "white" and "Christian".

The subtext of your post reads- "White privilege" causes mass shootings.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/stat...08323956539395

I like how 3 dudes just stand in the entrance nonchalantly on their phones with people lying on the ground with the supposed active shooter still running around inside. Wouldn't a reasonable person either run away or try to help? Really makes you wonder.
    That is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. I might understand not running, but just standing there? Wtfudge.

Some people fight for their lives, while other people don’t seem to want to be bothered that there’s a mass shooting going on.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-23-21 at 01:42.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    That is why I dont think these things are random.

Remember the guy with the suspressor , the Hearing Act was close to going to the floor, then boom, some dude uses one in a shooting.
    Nah, that was Vegas. Remember Vegas? Apparently not even pepperidge farm remembers that one (but they still talk about VA Tech like it was yesterday).
    First tweet out of Hillary's mouth said everything you needed to know about that one...
    Disgruntled Black Suppressor Employee was VA, right around the time either Bloomberg or Northam was stirring the pot for state gun control last year or so sometime back.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/stat...08323956539395

I like how 3 dudes just stand in the entrance nonchalantly on their phones with people lying on the ground with the supposed active shooter still running around inside. Wouldn't a reasonable person either run away or try to help? Really makes you wonder.
    Wow, this dude is a real asset to humanity...
    "We need 911 here now"
    You're ON the phone dumbass... ugh...

Also the other two fellas are...interesting.
    Literally the first time I've seen people A) NOT running with shots fired, and/or B) NOT running and/or freaking out with dead dudes within 5 feet of them.
    "Where'd he go?"
    "Umm... I think he went inside"
    So...shooter walked right past these two, or are they just standing there in the doorway for no reason while shooting is going on in the store? FFS...

Anyway, so we've had "stop asian hate" week capped off with a magical 'happy asian fun times' parlor shooting.
    Now we have "dumb judge didn't Do The Right Thing and now look what happened, #guncontrolnow"
    Hmm,,, wonder which will be next... a newly opened school or a church?
    OOh, better yet a synagogue they can play the 'anti-semitisms are on the rise' sad violins and talk about WS terrorists some more. Because that would fit well withe current narrative.
    Calling it now. They gotta find something big to pin their gun control hopes and dreams on after a year of lots and lots of new folks going out to bomb up for the first time ever because of their own antics...

Hmmm... and someone here just had to summon Murphy with their talk of magazines still being cheap/available...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    And right on cue...already tying this shooting to the ruling last week and going after the judge. Judges name is trending on Twitter with calls for him to be removed from the bench. Nothing like trying to intimate judges.

Feedback Score
    Weird how all of a sudden mass shootings are a problem again? I hate sounding like a tinfoil crazy but we basically went years without this and all of a sudden it's a thing again. Timing is awful fishy to say the least. I saw someone posted they're glad they don't watch the news anymore, add me to that list as well. I can only imagine the wall to wall coverage this event must be getting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Might be a Thomas Hayner? Known for making threats against public officials for years. Saw something on a local site that his name was over the scanner and looks like the guy who was dragged out in his boxers.
    Looks like him, but they are saying not him.

https://meaww.com/thomas-hayner-denv...-da-speculated

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The so called "journalist" is a jerk. Everyone wants to be the "one" showing the video or picture of dead people or people getting shot. Isn't he "obstructing justice" when he refused to leave?

I think the couple of old men at the door at the beginning of the video were just in shock and froze.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I am not given to conspiracy theories, but I am beginning to: bundled 'mass shootings' so close together, one in a state that just overturned a ban? Yeahhhh........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Of course, there's no doubt going to be a bigger shooting next week. They seem to come in threes: The first one is under 10 dead, and the next two are over 20.
    Here's hoping that your wrong.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/c...5-321dfc113326

Best time line I’ve seen so far.

I don’t think it’s some conspiracy, I just think the left is always pushing for gun control and when these things happen, the reflexively push it. No conspiracy needed.

I do think there might be a copycat effect so that when one happens it ends up triggering another. And then after your second or third people stop because they think they’ll get lost in the noise.

Bad stuff happening doesn’t need a plan.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast