Thread: AK-V Range Time

Feedback Score

AK-V Range Time

Got the chance to range test my new AK-v today and enjoyed every minute! Off the bench accuracy was excellent and yes "Bump Fire" does happen just have to pull through the trigger motion and problem goes away.Never having owned a AK or any form of AK much less owning or shooting one can any one tell me if trigger control parts from other AK's will work in a Palmetto State AK-Vs? Thanks 5shank

Feedback Score
    Are you saying that it bump fires when you're shouldering it or only when you're not shouldering it? Are you wanting to replace the trigger because of the bump fire?

Feedback Score
    Didn't seem to matter? Bump fires no matter how it'd held, thinking maybe a trigger or parts upgrade might help?

Feedback Score
    I have a plethora of AK's and I've never had one fire multiple times on a pull of the trigger. Some do bump fire, but that's intentional and involves harvesting the recoil to initiate another pull of the trigger. If it's firing multiple times when you pull the trigger, it needs to go back to PSA. By sending it back to the manufacturer, you're doing everyone a favor because it forces them to resolve their design and manufacturing problems. All add that I do not know if a regular AK trigger group will work. Normally the answer is yes, but that receiver is substantially different as is the operating system. I'm thinking the answer is no. I do have a 9mm AK and one of the three trigger group components is different, though I forget which.

Feedback Score
    The AK-Vs are pretty well known for being very easy to bump fire. I'm not sure I've seen anyone modify them with a trigger group change to reduce the bump fireablity just different techniques of holding very firmly.

Feedback Score
    The one thing I noticed was when trying to put slow pressure on the trigger that's when the bumpfire would happen. When I took my Glock method of just pulling through to the wall I no longer had bumpfiring. I was amazed at how accurate the AK-v was and the next 100 or so rounds were problem free, neat gun!