Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I usually do 4 days on, 1 off then 2 days 1 off then repeat..

Back and biceps
    Legs and abs
    Shoulders chest and triceps
    Core and cardio

Rest

Upper body complete 3 sets of 10 each individual part
    Legs same as lower body

Rest

Repeat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    A human can't keep progressing forever, sooner or later you reach a strength point you can't go beyond no matter what you do or how much you do. That point is determined by age, body composition and physical size.
    Increasing strictly strength, true. I theory you will eventually reach a point where further progress is impossible.... but how many humans have ever reached that point? Likely none.

Also, there is always room for improvement. Increase reps... do different lifts... focus on another body part, something.

...and at a certain point age will catch up and you’ll start losing strength, but as you find yourself unable to lift the weights you used to, you just go thru the deload process again... backing off and then pushing back up to your limit.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 05-25-21 at 19:21.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Increasing strictly strength, true. I theory you will eventually reach a point where further progress is impossible.... but how many humans have ever reached that point? Likely none.

Also, there is always room for improvement. Increase reps... do different lifts... focus on another body part, something.

...and at a certain point age will catch up and you’ll start losing strength, but as you find yourself unable to lift the weights you used to, you just go thru the deload process again... backing off and then pushing back up to your limit.
    A good way to speed up the set of the desired shape is to take gainers. I recently tried Optimum Nutrition Pro Weight Gainer myself. Of course, this is not a cheap pleasure, but the result is great. I got the idea that it is worth testing sports nutrition after reading this article https://gym-expert.com/best-weight-gainer/.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    A good way to speed up the set of the desired shape is to take gainers. I recently tried Optimum Nutrition Pro Weight Gainer myself. Of course, this is not a cheap pleasure, but the result is great. I got the idea that it is worth testing sports nutrition after reading this article https://gym-expert.com/best-weight-gainer/.
    Weight gainers are garbage. Use your normal protein and add peanut butter, oats, and some other better ingredients to increase calories. The carbs in these Gainer are nothing but maltodextrin or something similar. Over 200 grams of maltodextrin is stupid. It's a waste of money maltodextrin is cheap, why pay a huge markup for something you can get for pennies a serving. Dextrin, maltodextrin, branched chain cyclic dextrin and similar carb source have there place like when using insulin even then your never going to need 200 grams of it in a serving.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    One huge key is to change your workout, yes you will hit a peak point and meet great resistance to progress, so change your workout from straight bar to dumbells to machines back to a straight bar. Or do straight bar one workout of the week, next do dumbells.

If you were ever in great shape or lifted heavy in the past, progress will be quicker due to muscle memory, either way, exercise works.

Good luck.

PB
    Interesting Papa and useful. I have a machine and bench and lift every other day during the week. I do the same workout every time which includes some free weight curls on the bench. I lift every other day because I want to stay in shape, not become a muscle bound body builder.

I've been at a peak for a while, when I push through the peak I usually increase reps instead of increasing weight, although I have increased weight since I started. I took a bit to figure out my limits.

I've more than doubled my reps across all departments since I started, but I'm older and my peaks seem to last a while.

I won't pretend I know what I am doing, but I am in really good shape for my age. Most of my peer group are just getting fatter. But I'm not an idiot either as I am an ex wrestler who grew up cutting weight and working out. I have always been lucky to be toned and eat anything without gaining weight.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 05-28-21 at 07:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Weight gainers are garbage. Use your normal protein and add peanut butter, oats, and some other better ingredients to increase calories. The carbs in these Gainer are nothing but maltodextrin or something similar. Over 200 grams of maltodextrin is stupid. It's a waste of money maltodextrin is cheap, why pay a huge markup for something you can get for pennies a serving. Dextrin, maltodextrin, branched chain cyclic dextrin and similar carb source have there place like when using insulin even then your never going to need 200 grams of it in a serving.
    The main question remains, how to cram the right amount of food into yourself in order to reach the right amount of protein and at the same time not harm the digestive system. When you are used to eating a little and you do not get enough nutrients for your weight, then it is quite reasonable to add drinks and sports food bars to your diet. And I'm allergic to nuts, to all, without exception.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    The main question remains, how to cram the right amount of food into yourself in order to reach the right amount of protein and at the same time not harm the digestive system. When you are used to eating a little and you do not get enough nutrients for your weight, then it is quite reasonable to add drinks and sports food bars to your diet. And I'm allergic to nuts, to all, without exception.
    This is BS. Eating enough protein to facilitate growth is not going to harm your digestive system. If your maintaining your current weight with your current diet adding 500 calories per day is not hard. Using drinks filled with maltodextrin is never the answer. Add real food not BS drinks. The only time drinks like this are necessary is with some sort of ailment, and even then serious mass is garbage. You should never rely on maltodextrin for the majority of your calories. There is no argument you can make for serious mass being a good source of calories.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I do weightlifting in the Gym daily

Feedback Score
    Anyone workout in a home gym? What are your main quad lifts? Getting a bit bored of switching between squats (some variation there too. ssb squats / hatfield squats) and BSS. Wish I had room for more equipment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aFella View Post
    Anyone workout in a home gym? What are your main quad lifts? Getting a bit bored of switching between squats (some variation there too. ssb squats / hatfield squats) and BSS. Wish I had room for more equipment.
    If you’ve got dumbbells, maybe pistol squats?

You could probably rig up leg extensions with resistance bands.

Maybe you could push around a weighted sled if you can find the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast