Thread: LMT MARS-LS & MRP MLR build

Feedback Score

LMT MARS-LS & MRP MLR build

Were I to build one of these rifles, the goal would be to build what is essentially an LMT M-LOK Carbine (MLC) but with the longer M-LOK Rifle (MLR) upper, which has the equivalent of a 12" modular rail.

I am partial to the Monolithic Rail Platform (MRP) to reduce the number of parts and employ the quick-change barrel. The low-profile DI gas block on the 16" 5.56 L7PA1B barrel easily clears the top of the MLR's rail. Atop the upper would likely be a pair of Troy Battle sights of the type found on some H&K MR556A1s. Given the scarcity of parts, I would go with a standard L7D3 full-auto BCG for now. The "Enhanced" BCGs are difficult to find and exorbitantly expensive. Headspace should be checked, of course.

I would be willing to source a MARS-L stripped lower for too much money and put in a Geissele G2S trigger because it is less overpriced than other good 2-stage triggers currently listed anywhere.

A LPKEMARS-L lower parts kit with the LMT winter trigger guard can still be found at Titan Defense, but a Geissele parts kit would suffice.

A B5 narrowed SOPMOD stock, buffer tube, spring, buffer, castle nut, and Noveske QD end plate can all be found at Brownells.

Never hurts to also get an MLC upper, so a piston barrel could be fitted. The MLC upper has the equivalent of an 8.25" rail.

A build such as this would end up being an upper-tier AR.
    Last edited by dispositionmatrix; 04-11-21 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    My next build could be LMT/MARS ! !
    Definitely upper tier AR.
    Thanks for your post.