Thread: Decent sorta cheap monocular?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Decent sorta cheap monocular?

Any recommendations? It didn't have to be a monocular. I'd like 10x but I don't really want to spend over $200 heck I'd like to spend less.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a vortex solo 10x25. I keep it in the center console of my truck and take it when I go hiking. I think I paid $75-80 for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Should I just get a rangefinder? I mean it seems like all the monoculars I'm looking at are 8x. While the rangefinders are 7x. Honestly, I'm probably not looking at the right product anyway. Right now id use it to spot shots out to 100 yards but soon I'll be shooting out to 500 yards. How much magnification will I need for that?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Decent sorta cheap monocular?

It depends on your vision. I have a Vortex Solo 8x that works good for seeing the target at 100 yards. But if you want to see where you are hitting you would need higher magnification.
    I’m looking for one with higher magnification or a real spotting scope.
    Last edited by 202; 03-23-21 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    It depends on your vision. I have a Vortex Solo 8x that works good for seeing the target at 100 yards. But if you want to see where you are hitting you would need higher magnification.
    I’m looking for one with higher magnification or a real spotting scope.
    Yeah, OP if your intention is to use this for shooting, I would look for a spotting scope. Could I use mine for checking targets? Probably. I use mine for looking at birds, game, or things I generally think I need a closer look at.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I guess I need to look at spotting scopes and see whats what and how much. I probably have a year before I get into my local range that goes to 500 yards. My current range is only 100 yards which I should honestly be perfecting that right now while I'm waiting.

My goal is to be able to hit man sized targets at 500 yards not really drill holes in a 1" block. But I figure if I can attempt to drill holes at 50 and then 100 yards that will make learing to hit at 500 yards a bit easier.

Funny, I'm not new to guns but I'm new to shooting efficiently and for sport.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its Deja vu all over again...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its Deja vu all over again...
    lol.
    I forgot I had replied to this one, and started another thread.